cj428mach

Established Member
There are other members on here with sub 10k mile cobras with aftermarket blowers. I say do what you want.

I was one of them but now have 12.5k. My car received a bigger blower at 7600 miles and is still going strong. I have saved every original part off this car and never drilled 1 hole or broke the insulation on a wire. It can go back to 100% original anytime if I ever wanted. I say if you want the extra power go for it, now days you need 600+rwhp to be fast. A terminator earned its reputation for being a car thats feared, I want mine to continue that.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks everyone. I have all the original parts to my 93 and will do the same with the 03. I'll post more pics when I get a chance. I've lurked around for a while and like this forum because it's active and the people seem pretty cool. I'm glad to join the ranks.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Welcome to SVTP, nice cars!! Before you get carried away with power, I would look into Full Tilt Boogie Racing, they make bushings for you IRS that will reduce wheel hop. The IRS will give you fits with wheel hop due to the rubber bushings. I think this and subframe connectors are a must before power is added. Just my 2 cents.
Solid advice. I'm getting away with only ftbr aluminum diff bushings, lpw diff cover, and 9/16 subframe bolts. Zero wheel hop.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Looks sharp! Love the 93 as well please post more pics when you get time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
image.jpeg

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry, I should have loaded the pics as thumbnails. I'm the type who cleans undercarriages and engine bays after every drive. I absolutely love these cars.

TxCobra76

Established Member
Man that fox body is sick! Makes me wish I would've kept one of my old foxes. Those are great cars and probably one of the cheapest hot rods to build. You're a lucky man.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Thank you. That was "the car" back when I was a kid and I still feel that way about it. Both of them actually.

Termi03RF

Established Member
Just picked up a redfire 03 cobra with 6300 miles on it and have loved every minute of it however the modification bug has already got me, didn't have it a week and an xpipe and borla cat back went on lol...

Steve23

Established Member
Congrats on the new purchase, you'll love it! I saw that car on a few of the 03/04 Cobra pages, and it looked extremely clean and basically brand new. Fantastic purchase, imo! As far as pricing, it is all subjective. But, for me if I found the exact car in mint shape, exactly how I wanted. Then, I'd be ok with paying a smidge more than it's value. It's not everyday you find a 20k mileage, mint condition Cobra, let alone 8k mileage Cobra.

I'd like to ask, how is it driving with the x pipe and not having it tuned? Just a bit more rich and slightly more smokey exhaust?

Sent from my SM-G935T using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread