(New) Motec ECU 150 PNP (S197 GT500 Mustang)

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
It's catastrophic 100%. They'll tear it down and see what happened. But you guys are right, he beats the shit out of it and that engine owes him nothing
It's too bad! Well....good old saying goes " You wanna play you got to be ready to pay"
This hobby comes with a price!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Was that blocked sleeved? Ported heads big cam 3.8 Whipple.
That needs a sleeved block and billet crank at that level.
I’m happy with mine at a ‘safe’ 1100rwhp. Any more I’ll do sleeved block billet crank CNC heads.
-J

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m happy with mine at a ‘safe’ 1100rwhp. Any more I’ll do sleeved block billet crank CNC heads.
-J
Yea his block was sleeved and heads ported J. But had the stock crank. I would of gone billet myself for sure with that type of horsepower. He did have a crank support thou.

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
Yea his block was sleeved and heads ported J. But had the stock crank. I would of gone billet myself for sure with that type of horsepower. He did have a crank support thou.
Crank support only protects the snout. Not the crank from flexing internally. Hopefully he put 300m rods and Bryant crank on it next time.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
-J
I had no idea that you could safely get 1100 rwhp out of that 5.8 with no sleeves. That's impressive J! I'm assuming you upgrade to some forged internals? What's your best 1/4 mile run in that beast?

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Yup.....ML'S GT500 goes KABOOM!...I dont think this is a Motec ECU related failure thou IMO

Last edited:

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
Motec should prevent a lot of failures but won't prevent mechanical failures to include rods or fuel delivery issues. But blowing up after installing a Motec is wierd timing.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Motec should prevent a lot of failures but won't prevent mechanical failures to include rods or fuel delivery issues. But blowing up after installing a Motec is wierd timing.
Im sure real street/Motec will investigate. Definitely going to be interesting to find out the outcome and source of the failure @Turbo98GT. Should be some data there if he was data logging. Which i hope he was doing. I just hope for ML its not a complete loss.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Talk about the perfect ECU, I'm assuming Motec has tuners all over the country that can tune for them? That would be one of my biggest concerns.
SAI will be working with Fathouse fabrication to do the Motec install in ther new twin turbo program. There are a few tuners around and capable. If I cant get a extra Ford PCM (been waiting 3 months now) Im going to pull the trigger and do the Motec 150 install when I do my upgrades (Holeshot/Antihop) with SAI this fall. Its an impessive stand alone ECM and by far superior to a stock PCM! A must when your getting into that 1000 hp club.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
I had no idea that you could safely get 1100 rwhp out of that 5.8 with no sleeves. That's impressive J! I'm assuming you upgrade to some forged internals? What's your best 1/4 mile run in that beast?
I dont know if they still do or not,but JDM ENGINEERING use to give a 1 year warranty on the 5.8 motors that they did.They also said over 1200hp to the tire,the block should be sleeved.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I dont know if they still do or not,but JDM ENGINEERING use to give a 1 year warranty on the 5.8 motors that they did.They also said over 1200hp to the tire,the block should be sleeved.
Thats impressive Mr. @Cobra Therapy! Sleeves are a must at that power level! After I get all my support upgrades done at SAI this winter, next for the SS will be a forged built motor to try and keep up with all you real fast shelby GT500 Guys..... ;)

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
Thats impressive Mr. @Cobra Therapy! Sleeves are a must at that power level! After I get all my support upgrades done at SAI this winter, next for the SS will be a forged built motor to try and keep up with all you real fast shelby GT500 Guys..... ;)
You will enjoy it when it is all done.I got mine sleeved for the hell of it for just in case.I think 1000 or 1100 to the tire is cool.I am really just gonna roll race with mine,and half mile or 1 mile events.Thats why i went with the FORD GT timing kit from L&M engines.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
You will enjoy it when it is all done.I got mine sleeved for the hell of it for just in case.I think 1000 or 1100 to the tire is cool.I am really just gonna roll race with mine,and half mile or 1 mile events.Thats why i went with the FORD GT timing kit from L&M engines.
I think you getting it sleeved is good insurance. Looking forward to seeing and hearing that 14 GT500 Beast when your done getting the motor completed and installed.....hope all goes smooth for ya @Cobra Therapy

boorah

Under Pressure
Established Member
Can this be configured for an s197 gt500 with a 6r80 swap? Currently running coyote swap PCM.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Let me rephrase. Is there a coyote s197 6r80 setup like this i could adapt to my car?
I personally dont know @boorah but I would contact one the tuners/installers on page 1 of the thread who work with motec equipment and I would bet they would have the answer you need. These guys should beable to answer your question https://www.realstreetperformance.com/

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Let me rephrase. Is there a coyote s197 6r80 setup like this i could adapt to my car?
Yes there should be as Motec has been the only aftermarket EFI to mention 6R80 control and it was in regards to S197 Coyote GTs which is basically what you can run on a GT500/6R car without the TiVCT cam controls.
As Vinnie mentioned I’d reach out to Real Speed and Motec directly.
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes they still warranty there engines, I asked Jim Jr about that before I had them do my engine.

Users who are viewing this thread