(New) Motec ECU 150 PNP (S197 GT500 Mustang)

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
Well guys it’s been awhile but to this day I still don’t have my car and I am frustrated as hell about it, coming up on 2 years that its physically been at Fischer motor sports, communication degraded between us, i spam him with txt messages sometimes he won’t respond for weeks, he lives 8 hrs away from me so i can’t just drive up, what do y’all think I should do, I feel like 2 years is a very long time.
Close out your bill and go pick it up

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
Good deal Ken.
I think the 6R is a killer trans from personal knowledge of friends going 7s with them.
Controlling them seems to be OEM only but if I’d put money on an aftermarket company to do it Motec should be a safer bet.
I’m personally hopeful that the aftermarket Tremec DCT will happen. That trans seems to be holding up to 4000# cars and 1000hp+ really well completely stock.
Good luck
-J
Remember, there hasn't been much success with a heavy GT500 with positive displacement Blower using a 6r80. Turbo guys and lighter coyote Blower guys have had some success but off idle 1k tq and 3800++lbs weights are killing these 6rs. Jason Wagoner went through all the billet LaSala stuff and still destroyed them. Has a th400 now. Keep that in mind. I wanted a 6r80 at one point but the overall strength just isn't there. My opinion

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Second time My order has been canceled by a Ford Dealer. This chip shortage issue is getting worse. Might be time to seriously consider Motec ECU 150 PNP as a replacement/Back up. Just received this the other day.Thank God a member on SVT contacted me recently with an available replacement. VERY FRUSTRATING FOLKS!!

ORDER #00000 - Placed on 12/15/2021

Hello Vinnie B,
This is to confirm that order #00000 has been canceled, and a refund of $697.73 has been processed. It may take 2-5 business days for the refund to reflect on your billing statement.

We appreciate your business, and hope you will shop with us again!

VillageFordParts.com

I hope nobody looses there PCM especially this model!

Ford (DR3Z-12A650-AJD) 5.8L, code mwj3.​

If so, you are SOL!!

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Well.........what a bummer man! Motec has discontinued 150 PNP for the S197 GT500 Mustang. Guess that throws the idea of ever getting one of these to install. There are some still available out in the market I hear but getting a tuner to tune these wont be as easy especially being discontinued now.....:mad:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Well.........what a bummer man! Motec has discontinued 150 PNP for the S197 GT500 Mustang. Guess that throws the idea of ever getting one of these to install. There are some still available out in the market I hear but getting a tuner to tune these wont be as easy especially being discontinued now.....:mad:

Custom SCT/HP Tuners tune through a Shelby SAI approved mod shop?
Or discuss with Fathouse on options?
Bummer as I think these systems have potential but factory engine tuning up to 1000hp is well vetted so in a manual 1000hp SS you’ll be looking for an aftermarket traction control system made plug and play to be able to return to stock simple. At least the ability for the Motec PNP could cover both but I’m sure Fathouse has options.
Talk to you soon.
-J

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Custom SCT/HP Tuners tune through a Shelby SAI approved mod shop?
Or discuss with Fathouse on options?
Bummer as I think these systems have potential but factory engine tuning up to 1000hp is well vetted so in a manual 1000hp SS you’ll be looking for an aftermarket traction control system made plug and play to be able to return to stock simple. At least the ability for the Motec PNP could cover both but I’m sure Fathouse has options.
Talk to you soon.
-J
I think next week im going to give them (FatHouse) a call and see what options they may offer on tuning 150 PNP motec ecu's. I know they are currently offering them for the new GT500's. Only thing that is concerning is parts. What if you can get a kit and later need to replace a part. Thats a big problem $$$ and possilble alot of wasted money. Thanks "J"

01yellercobra

Established Member
What about running something in parallel with the stock ECU? It might be worth talking to a company like Boomslang to see if they can make something for you.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member

This is my first time hearing this.No Motec for the S197 is crazy.Never thought that would be the case.Doesnt Holley make something?

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
This is my first time hearing this.No Motec for the S197 is crazy.Never thought that would be the case.Doesnt Holley make something?
Im assuming its discontinued based on this......I probably should confirm and send Motec an email thou to confirm....what a bummer if this is accurate........:cautious: There are some units still available @7K but if its no longer going to be manufactured its out the question from me to install one.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
Im assuming its discontinued based on this......I probably should confirm and send Motec an email thou to confirm....what a bummer if this is accurate........:cautious: There are some units still available @7K but if its no longer going to be manufactured its out the question from me to install one.

Yea because you wont be able to get parts for it.WOW.https://youtu.be/XSsjT3B1sfY

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I’m guessing this possibly another EPA crackdown?
They have or had an M130 package that was a standalone controller for the 6r80 as well that I was interested in.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m guessing this possibly another EPA crackdown?
They have or had an M130 package that was a standalone controller for the 6r80 as well that I was interested in.
Its not CARB compliant. So more than likely another blow from the EPA.

Bad Company

Established Member
I talked to Shawn at Fischer Motorsports yesterday to discuss a MoTec ECU for my car, he stated that he could get these units without any problems from MoTec. Yes I've delt with him in the past and yes he can be slow to finish a project, but the end results are worth it in my opinion.

manny231988 if your car is the one I've seen pictures of your getting a lot more done than a MoTec ECU. I think you'll love the controllability of your final project once you have it in your hands. Be patient, yes it can be painful. I'm in the same situation with my car being in a shop for a much longer period of time then yours has been in to date. But my car has literally been apart to nothing but the unibody with the only thing left on it was the quarter windows. Here are a few pictures of what my car looks like today. I'm hoping I'll have the car sometime this summer to enjoy again.

Attachments

• 345053460_943077503709025_1058464851402128346_n.jpg
    345053460_943077503709025_1058464851402128346_n.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 345055533_185296277761618_5388708640614559587_n.jpg
    345055533_185296277761618_5388708640614559587_n.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 60

manny231988

Established Member
I talked to Shawn at Fischer Motorsports yesterday to discuss a MoTec ECU for my car, he stated that he could get these units without any problems from MoTec. Yes I've delt with him in the past and yes he can be slow to finish a project, but the end results are worth it in my opinion.

manny231988 if your car is the one I've seen pictures of your getting a lot more done than a MoTec ECU. I think you'll love the controllability of your final project once you have it in your hands. Be patient, yes it can be painful. I'm in the same situation with my car being in a shop for a much longer period of time then yours has been in to date. But my car has literally been apart to nothing but the unibody with the only thing left on it was the quarter windows. Here are a few pictures of what my car looks like today. I'm hoping I'll have the car sometime this summer to enjoy again.
My project is close to completion we will see if the 3 year wait was worth it, I also ordered motec for my 2021cftp but I went through fathouse for that car

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
My project is close to completion we will see if the 3 year wait was worth it, I also ordered motec for my 2021cftp but I went through fathouse for that car
I was hoping you would stop back in the thread and update us on the motec install with some feedback. I'm so close to pulling the trigger on the setup!

Bad Company

Established Member
With what you're doing I think you'll be extremely happy with it once you figure out how to program the boost to ramp in versus speed. If you added the traction control on top of it that thing should be interesting to drive. I'm very much thinking of doing this modification to my car. I went with the Hot Water Bypass modifications first with always thinking about doing what you did later. Unfortunately for me the problem has also been that my car has been in a shop with slow progress. I can't complain about the workmanship where the car is now, but I didn't expect it to take this long either. I feel your pain LOL............ literally

Users who are viewing this thread