New Mudvayne CD.

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
1999-COBRA-6661 said:
NOooooo :nonono:

I didn't know this was out already. I knew it was coming soon though, better pick it up tomorrow.

Don't get your hopes up, there are some songs on there that rock hardcore, its just more of a mix...some mellow stuff...but you have to keep in mind that Mudvayne's mellow is still too hardcore for most people. One song that doesn't quite fit in is TV Radio...its uhh...different.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
cool deal. i'll pick it up when it comes out. looking for it now on kazaa lite...

1999-COBRA-6661

[S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam
Established Member
BlueOvalAvenger said:
Don't get your hopes up, there are some songs on there that rock hardcore, its just more of a mix...some mellow stuff...but you have to keep in mind that Mudvayne's mellow is still too hardcore for most people. One song that doesn't quite fit in is TV Radio...its uhh...different.

If there are not any "TV Radio" songs like you say, I'm relieved. I'm a Mudvayne fan so I would have gotten the CD anyway :rockon:

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
hope they stay metal and dont go to far into the mainstream singing crap..

I know it helps bring in new fans and help sales which means money and thats what some shoot for, but they slowly lose touch with their base fans..

Just like slipknot is doing.. just like korn, limpbizkit, metallic and on and on and on and on..

Now they new System of a Down will kick ass.. they get pretty crazy

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
BayouVette said:

I know it helps bring in new fans and help sales which means money and thats what some shoot for, but they slowly lose touch with their base fans..

Just like slipknot is doing.. just like korn, limpbizkit, metallic and on and on and on and on..

Getting pumped for New System and NIN :rockon: . Ill have to check out thsi cd as well :beer:

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
The new SoaD single they're playing is sweet as hell. I love the guitar riff when he's singing "Everybodies going to the party have a real good time." Great song. Can't wait until it comes out. Then they're coming out with another album this winter.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
The new SoaD single they're playing is sweet as hell. I love the guitar riff when he's singing "Everybodies going to the party have a real good time." Great song. Can't wait until it comes out. Then they're coming out with another album this winter.

Havent heard it yet....sound sweet though :rockon:

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
BayouVette said:

If you were a real "base fan" then you would know they've made it clear several times that they don't care if you like their music or not. They are going to do what they want to do, however they want, when they want. Not for the fans. For themselves. Korn lost fans because people finally started to realize that they suck. Limpbizkit lost fans because the became rap artists. Metallica lost fans because after rocking out for 20+ years they dont know what else to do but change. It angers me when someone makes a comment like..."I dont like ____ anymore, they went mainstream." or "I use to listen to ____ but since they went mainstream I feel like they have done me some great unjustice." Seriously, if its between making millions or hanging out with a bunch of pimply faced kids all the time...I would gladly take millions anyday. You dont like "mainstream" fine, find the rock you crawled out from under and return there.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
BlueOvalAvenger said:
If you were a real "base fan" then you would know they've made it clear several times that they don't care if you like their music or not. They are going to do what they want to do, however they want, when they want. Not for the fans. For themselves. Korn lost fans because people finally started to realize that they suck. Limpbizkit lost fans because the became rap artists. Metallica lost fans because after rocking out for 20+ years they dont know what else to do but change. It angers me when someone makes a comment like..."I dont like ____ anymore, they went mainstream." or "I use to listen to ____ but since they went mainstream I feel like they have done me some great unjustice." Seriously, if its between making millions or hanging out with a bunch of pimply faced kids all the time...I would gladly take millions anyday. You dont like "mainstream" fine, find the rock you crawled out from under and return there.
Korn went to shit because they all went sober and got families. Plus, you had dozens of bands trying to sound just like them so they had to keep changing to stay "original".

Did anyone hear what Jonathan Davis named his newest song? Pirate. The kids name is Pirate.

BlueOvalAvenger

Beerknurd
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
Korn went to shit because they all went sober and got families. Plus, you had dozens of bands trying to sound just like them so they had to keep changing to stay "original".

Did anyone hear what Jonathan Davis named his newest song? Pirate. The kids name is Pirate.

Well Im glad I missed out on the dozens that tried sounding just like them, Korn sucked enough for me. He named his kid Pirate? I always knew that guy was an ass monger.

1999-COBRA-6661

[S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam
Established Member
I don't know what you guys are talking about, Korns last two CDs kick major ass. What sucks though is Head quit the band so he could devote his life to Jesus. Why he can't believe in Jesus and play rock music is beyond me.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Downloading the cd as I type. If the songs are as good as you say, I will definately have to buy it on the 12th.

tyronejenkinsII

Established Member
1999-COBRA-6661 said:
There were some damn good songs on there, especially "take a look into the mirror"... maby you need to listen again?
I agree, Untouchables and Take a look in the mirror were awesome but I have been a Korn fan since 92' so what ever they put out I will buy....

Z-06_Killa

slow and untuned!!!
Established Member
31Charlie said:
Like someone asked does he actually sing? I prefer the slower songs were they actually sing, much like on slipknots new album they got a few slower songs that rock.

The new SlipKnot kicks ass...there are definately a few songs on it that :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread