New Mustang V6 2015.... Mod Suggestions? :)

quamz0

Established Member
Introducing myself!

Just picked up my new child yesterday lol. Looking around for upgrade ideas, maybe forced induction down the road. Right now contemplating weight reduction and want to add 40hp, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. If I do go forced induction 400hp would be the ultimate goal.

newcar.jpg

nycarpenter

Established Member
Leave it alone for the next 6 months. This is a new platform and why screw your warranty right off the showroom floor. Wait and see is JMHO :) Myself I would just change the exhaust for now as a tune will be needed to add the 40 and then you break it you may own it..

Last edited:

quamz0

Established Member
Leave it alone for the next 6 months. This is a new platform and why screw your warranty right off the showroom floor. Wait and see is JMHO :) Myself I would just change the exhaust for now as a tune will be needed to add the 40 and then you break it you may own it..

Thinking:

Headers
Exhaust
Cold air intake
Underdrive pully
Tune

User lighter components/figure out how else to reduce weight.

Forced induction wouldnt be for 6months at the least if ever... Hell I may be happy with whats listed above.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I think that force induction would be around the same price as a crate 5 liter motor. you might sell your v6 motor and drop a v8 in it and will have 400rwhp more or less plus nice sound. I don't see the logic on getting a v6 and spending 5k on a force induction setup to be honest. the only logical thing would be a nice shot of nitrous and calling it a day.

quamz0

Established Member
ya the v8 was an extra 10k if I bought it right now because all of them had upgraded packages, would have to order a base model, purchase price of mine was 23,500 the v8 even if negotiated would have been around 34,000, alot of the dealers were asking for a premium "market adjustment" because there were so few. I also really like the idea of pimping out a v6 for some reason.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
that's crazy. you could get a v8 for around 6k brand new from ford. might be a good deal. more interesting than force induction imo.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
just look at the 11-14 market to see what can be done. its the same engine with a slightly different intake manifold to accommodate the lower cowl of the S550.

if i was you. save pennies, enjoy the drive and go for a 17 EB or used 15-16 GT.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
step 1: trade in
step 2: buy GT

plz don't do performance mods on the v6 unless you plan on keeping it forever

nycarpenter

Established Member
Thinking:

Headers
Exhaust
Cold air intake
Underdrive pully
Tune

User lighter components/figure out how else to reduce weight.

Forced induction wouldnt be for 6months at the least if ever... Hell I may be happy with whats listed above.

I missed the V6 in your title. Why would you buy a V6 if you had aspirations to go forced air?

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
You are better off finding a v6 specific website to ask this question. If you haven't noticed by the responses, this is more a v8 power group. Nothing wrong with modding a v6. Your just not going to get much support here. Good luck in your quest for info.

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
There is no and will be no UD pulley for the 3.7. Steeda tried and it was not worth anything measurable.

There is a forum that is more 3.7 oriented that can relay experience. You can pm me if you'd like to find out. I come to this forum for 5.0 tech but I used to run a 3.7.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Didnt the ecoboost negate the point of the V6 all together? Not hating on your purchase but with a EB option why even bother? Espically if you're thinking about mods

ThomasL

Established Member
People are gonna hate (me a tiny bit too) but really congrats on the new ride! Keep us updated of you mod it down the road.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
:lol:

I would never get the V6 unless it came with twin's or leaving it stock.

it's not a bad car at all, it's just not a car I would dump money on performance mods. The way I look at it, the v6 mustang is essentially now the dedicated DD of the 3 mustangs. The EB sounds like it would of been a better pick for the OP since he wants to mod. At least the EB will pick up decent gains with mods compared to the v6.

The way I see it you can spend thousands trying to make your v6 a v8, or you could just pony up that future mod money and go with a v8 and have the better performer with a warranty... I sure wouldn't wanna be stuck with a 2015 without warranty after some of the threads I've seen lately.

old_goat

Established Member
step 1: trade in
step 2: buy GT

It's a brand new car, if he attempted to trade it in, he will lose thousands.

OP, like the others stated, drive the car for awhile.

Perhaps the next time you make a purchase, you will take time and study what you're purchasing. In time, you may have had a better deal on the GT.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
It's a brand new car, if he attempted to trade it in, he will lose thousands.

OP, like the others stated, drive the car for awhile.

Perhaps the next time you make a purchase, you will take time and study what you're purchasing. In time, you may have had a better deal on the GT.

yeah... it's a brand new car that he already said he plans on modding. If you mod a v6 you are gonna lose your ass when you go to sell it down the line. There is pretty much ZERO demand for modded v6 mustangs. At least if he sells now he can recoup most of the cost as demand for these cars is still high. If he hangs onto it for a few more months and then decides he made the wrong choice then he's gonna be losing money either way.

Not to mention the cost of getting the v6 to 400 whp would probably be as much as taking a hit on a trade in for a GT (least with the GT you have warranty)

I would just throw some wheels + tint and call it a day. V6 mustangs are great for DD'ing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread