New Mustang V6 2015.... Mod Suggestions? :)

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I would go back to the dealer and try to work a deal for an EB. With the EB option, why would anyone with any performance aspirations buy the v6? I guess Ford has people convinced it's still a "fast car" because it has 300hp. Another few years and mini-vans will have 300hp. I will say the price sounds decent for someone wanting a sporty car but NO straight line performance aspirations.

nycarpenter

Established Member
I would go back to the dealer and try to work a deal for an EB. With the EB option, why would anyone with any performance aspirations buy the v6? I guess Ford has people convinced it's still a "fast car" because it has 300hp. Another few years and mini-vans will have 300hp. I will say the price sounds decent for someone wanting a sporty car but NO straight line performance aspirations.

My sienna has 266 no plans for forced induction yet :)

quamz0

Established Member
Theres no way I'm trading the car in, and I was considering the EB but I just didn't want a turbo 4 if I was going to do that I'd buy a honda and turbo charge it lol.. Maybe I'll just do CAI, exhaust and tune... Atleast that wouldn't be too overboard. Hohumm maybe I'll trade her back in on a new 2017 when the 2018's come out and get those rebates moving to a v8 lol... Then they will probably be 500hp and get 30mpg lol

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Thinking:

Headers
Exhaust
Cold air intake
Underdrive pully
Tune

User lighter components/figure out how else to reduce weight.

Forced induction wouldnt be for 6months at the least if ever... Hell I may be happy with whats listed above.

Good luck finding Under drive pulleys And why would you do that if you go boost?

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Theres no way I'm trading the car in, and I was considering the EB but I just didn't want a turbo 4 if I was going to do that I'd buy a honda and turbo charge it lol.. Maybe I'll just do CAI, exhaust and tune... Atleast that wouldn't be too overboard. Hohumm maybe I'll trade her back in on a new 2017 when the 2018's come out and get those rebates moving to a v8 lol... Then they will probably be 500hp and get 30mpg lol

There is nothing wrong with modding your v6......you just came to the wrong place to get info or suggestions. Like I said earlier, go to a specific Mustang v6 website for help.

quamz0

Established Member
Good luck finding Under drive pulleys And why would you do that if you go boost?

Just toying with which way I was going to go... At this point after talking some guys at the ford service center regarding warranty info and a few discussions on the boards I'm probably just going to do:

Low weight racing seats
Rear seat delete
20" rims and tires
Tint
CAI
Shorty headers
H pipe exhaust high flow cats
Bama Tune
possibly a 73mm throttlebody

and Maybe Maybe 3.08 gears just to get the car a little more get up and go.

Then look at the 2017 or 2018 models for either a v8 or v6 ecoboost or whatever they have in their lineup by then.... That way she gets a bit faster and has an awesome look for now.

I do appreciate the input guys I do want the 8 hopefully thats going to be an option in 3 years (most likely will be) :)

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
373845_249965178399239_100001572766274_703474_1769383276_n.jpg

nycarpenter

Established Member
^^^^^
roflmao!!! GEE I SHOULD OF HAD A V8..... Just having some fun OP :) You have every right to piss away your money... We all do the same here :)

Last edited:

AJstang

Established Member
Lmao at the guy who posted the Coyote pic. You def. came to the wrong forum OP but plan sounds good but I would go with 3.31 or 3.55 gears and go with MPT instead of Bama. A lot of the v6 guys swear by there tunes and they have a much better rep than Bama.

Tom Y

Sounds like a great start but you don't need an underdrive crank pulley. There are all sorts of highly effective parts for the V6's. I've raced V6's for years and have had a great time doing it. Its pretty simple to get your car into the 11's, even the mid 10's, but if you want to go faster than that in the quarter mile, then sell the car and get something with more engine to start with. Everyone has V8's, the V6's take some thought and energy to make them faster, but that's part of the fun. Any moron can bolt a supercharger on a GT.

bluebyu12

Established Member
Totally on the fence about boosting it, I know I would be happier than shit if I could get 400hp and cut some weight, but everyone here makes a really valid point about waiting and getting an 8

some manley rods and pistons and arp head studs you can be right there with this guy... killing supercharged vettes lol

https://www.facebook.com/kilrsix

thats my plan down the road. wana beef up the motor a bit and run 14-16psi or so... should easily net near 600whp or so

Users who are viewing this thread