New Netflix Series "Dear White People"

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
I'm cool with the show, but disagree with the girls outlook on costumes. No white kid is dressing up as her if they do black face...I doubt they know who she is. If someone dresses up as Mike Tyson, Michael Jordan, Al Sharpton, etc. & does black face as part of the costume...that doesn't mean they're dressing up as all black people. So why is she insulted? Oh wait, is someone going to post up the historical meaning of blackface from centuries ago? Come on. When are people going to stop clinging to their race & become a damn individual. This is my only grief with the trailer I watched. If Dave Chapelle could get away with some pretty racey white face acts on a nationally broadcast tv show that millions watched, why is it so bad if a few dumb college kids do black face for maybe a few hundred to see?

I understand though, this is just mimicking our current societal conditions, so it's definitely a good rendition of the young black generation in college.

mystickb1996

Established Member
LOL at all the feelings. All because of a title.

Then someone up there even went with the old "what if there was a white show?" Mother****er do you watch tv, at all lol?

By your response your ignorance is clearly represented and i dont need to call you a Mother****er to prove it. I didn't say what if there was a "white show" as you posted. My post was strictly based off the title of the shows represented.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
i find it funny that people are saying this and have no clue what the movie or show is about. Why are some white men so afraid of the change that is happening? Are you afraid that you have to compete for jobs and opportunities instead of them being gifted to you like they were for your dads and granddads?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

They'll never admit it, but that's EXACTLY what it is. They don't want to be faced with the possibility of losing to people that they have deemed "less than" for centuries.

LOL at all the feelings. All because of a title.

Then someone up there even went with the old "what if there was a white show?" Mother****er do you watch tv, at all lol?

LOL! I know, right!? It must be nice to be so cocooned in a world molded to fit your own race that anything that doesn't cater to it is an affront. I'm sure you saw all the horror on the internet when Netflix released the Luke Cage series. Some jackass here on SVTP [/i]actually said[/i] it wasn't realistic because the Black people in it "weren't ghetto enough!" I kid you not! Somebody here actually thought, wrote, then clicked the Post button on that statement! I mean, he was just all matter-of-fact with it!

DropSVT

Established Member
Theres alot of outrage here over it... If i remember correctly you personally pick what you watch on netflix sooooo
I doubt itll hurt membership numbers. Remember if you cancel now your only gunna join again come october!

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I'm not saying that at all. Hell I remember when Blackish was announced there was some saying WTF is up with that title, me included. I was so hesitant to watch it not knowing what it would be about. Turned out to be a good show.

I love that show. One of my current favorites and I'm white. LOL

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
i find it funny that people are saying this and have no clue what the movie or show is about. Why are some white men so afraid of the change that is happening? Are you afraid that you have to compete for jobs and opportunities instead of them being gifted to you like they were for your dads and granddads?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

My father was born in 1970...He worked like a..well I won't say it, but I'm sure you heard the phrase before. Anyway, he busted his nuts for years & is a blue collar millionaire now with a shit back & multiple other issues from his hard labor he had done his entire life. You generalizing an entire race off of some bullshit conspiracy theory is complete crap since there's tons of flyby night minority owned businesses in his same field (HVAC) that get the special title of DBE (Disadvantaged Business Entity) & numerous other handouts & what not based purely off of their race, while he had to basically be someones bitch for 25 years before he broke off & started his own company that is successful purely from his work ethic & knowledge & skill he acquired from his years of working in that field...so you want to talk about competing? The city will put out a job & say 30% must be DBE contractors..that means they aren't picking the low bidder now, that means that because of business being owned by someone of a certain race or sex is given a much greater chance of getting the job than others...hmmm. I can keep going here, since I argued about attaining DBE status for my company since I am of a young age (27)..since DBE is defined to be given to people that are socially & financially disadvantaged..buttt it's only deemed disadvantaged based upon sex or race, nothing else.

My entire family is working class laborers, so no handouts here buddy. My little bit of Choctaw in my family wasn't enough to get us anything.

How's that affirmative action hiring for your people going? Lacking the skill, but crying gets you somewhere huh? See what I did there. Give me a break with your bullshit assumptions. Not every white person was born a Hilton or Walton, and if you're born into poverty like I was..in the actual projects (BW Cooper in New Orleans)..you are even worst off than those of other races because you don't qualify for as much assistance as they would, just because of your color. Let's also not forget New Orleans is majority black, so as a minority coming up impoverished in the ghetto with no free grants for private schools because I'm a minority, nothing..I guess you fail to see that since many fail to flip the script, but if blacks were the majority in America, everything would still be the same..just the colors would flip flop on the sides. Let a white person step their ass into a black community, they'll be treated fairly & welcomed with open arms.

The whole white privilege thing is garbage, especially hearing it mostly from these over-privileged black kids who have parents that are Doctors & Lawyers. Sit your ass down Rosa Parks wannabes...they know nothing of struggle & this TV show is centered around their viewpoint. Let's chant some words of Assata Shakur & feel empowered.

08mojo

Established Member
Why are some white men so afraid of the change that is happening? Are you afraid that you have to compete for jobs and opportunities instead of them being gifted to you like they were for your dads and granddads?

Why do you assume white men and women did not have to compete for the jobs they currently have?

I love how some people use this argument, as if people have never worked hard for anything in their life. It's so easy to dismiss someone who has success in their life and claim the opportunities were not fair, but it is much harder to understand how they got there and realize all of the hard work that it took.

If you know where free opportunities are being gifted, please let me know.

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
My father was born in 1970...He worked like a..well I won't say it, but I'm sure you heard the phrase before. Anyway, he busted his nuts for years & is a blue collar millionaire now with a shit back & multiple other issues from his hard labor he had done his entire life. You generalizing an entire race off of some bullshit conspiracy theory is complete crap since there's tons of flyby night minority owned businesses in his same field (HVAC) that get the special title of DBE (Disadvantaged Business Entity) & numerous other handouts & what not based purely off of their race, while he had to basically be someones bitch for 25 years before he broke off & started his own company that is successful purely from his work ethic & knowledge & skill he acquired from his years of working in that field...so you want to talk about competing? The city will put out a job & say 30% must be DBE contractors..that means they aren't picking the low bidder now, that means that because of business being owned by someone of a certain race or sex is given a much greater chance of getting the job than others...hmmm. I can keep going here, since I argued about attaining DBE status for my company since I am of a young age (27)..since DBE is defined to be given to people that are socially & financially disadvantaged..buttt it's only deemed disadvantaged based upon sex or race, nothing else.

My entire family is working class laborers, so no handouts here buddy. My little bit of Choctaw in my family wasn't enough to get us anything.

How's that affirmative action hiring for your people going? Lacking the skill, but crying gets you somewhere huh? See what I did there. Give me a break with your bullshit assumptions. Not every white person was born a Hilton or Walton, and if you're born into poverty like I was..in the actual projects (BW Cooper in New Orleans)..you are even worst off than those of other races because you don't qualify for as much assistance as they would, just because of your color. Let's also not forget New Orleans is majority black, so as a minority coming up impoverished in the ghetto with no free grants for private schools because I'm a minority, nothing..I guess you fail to see that since many fail to flip the script, but if blacks were the majority in America, everything would still be the same..just the colors would flip flop on the sides. Let a white person step their ass into a black community, they'll be treated fairly & welcomed with open arms.

The whole white privilege thing is garbage, especially hearing it mostly from these over-privileged black kids who have parents that are Doctors & Lawyers. Sit your ass down Rosa Parks wannabes...they know nothing of struggle & this TV show is centered around their viewpoint. Let's chant some words of Assata Shakur & feel empowered.

you make a lot of assumptions in this. and you are wrong on most of your assumptions. since you seem to know so much about me, tell me more

13. Rude and/or profane language is strictly prohibited in all forums except Smack Down, as is bypassing the profanity filter. If you have a concern that something you want to post may be beyond the accepted limits ask a moderator.

Sit your ass down Rosa Parks wannabes...

Looks like you broke rule 13

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Why do you assume white men and women did not have to compete for the jobs they currently have?

I love how some people use this argument, as if people have never worked hard for anything in their life. It's so easy to dismiss someone who has success in their life and claim the opportunities were not fair, but it is much harder to understand how they got there and realize all of the hard work that it took.

Id never doubt hard work. that is what it takes to STAY in a position. The problem is having the OPPORTUNITY to even have a chance at a job.

You are going to honestly sit here and say that minorities or even white women have had the same opportunities at jobs as white men pre 1990's?

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
you make a lot of assumptions in this. and you are wrong on most of your assumptions. since you seem to know so much about me, tell me more

Looks like you broke rule 13
What assumptions are wrong? I gave you a tit for tat with your bullshit assumptions, but I guess somehow you failed to comprehend that...

I can give you your home address, job, phone #, voter id #, party affiliation, & anything else you'd like. You tell me what you want & I'll provide it...

Also, my white privilege will relinquish me of any wrong doing..and that's a stretch to assume that breaks rule 13, as there was no profane language & is equivalent to your "whites being scared" statement..but I'm sorry that saying a relevant black person's name is offensive to an entire race. I was basically saying everyone is a wannabe civil rights activist..looking to prosper individually. Basically like Sharpton & the rest of them.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
why do you guys take the bait? Obvious trolls on the topic who are looking for someone to justify the handouts theyve been receiving for 20+ years.

waste of time getting all mad about it.

No success without hard work in this world plain and simple...dont matter what color you are.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Id never doubt hard work. that is what it takes to STAY in a position. The problem is having the OPPORTUNITY to even have a chance at a job.

You are going to honestly sit here and say that minorities or even white women have had the same opportunities at jobs as white men pre 1990's?

Your broad generalization doesn't apply to all whites though. Not every single white person has experienced this so called "white privilege" & not every black person has been oppressed.

You don't think another form of racism wouldn't occur if America was 100% black? There's already a light skin vs dark skin thing going on. Look at how the North Atlantic Slave Trade started out...There were what, 13 African tribes partaking in it, all black..They'd capture other tribe members & sell them off to the Portuguese & Spanish to bring them mostly to South America & the Caribbean area. North America got something like 10% of all slaves, which was roughly 600,000 slaves. So blacks sold other blacks to hispanics & sold them primarily to other hispanics. Not saying the whites aren't bad, but ****ing christ man...it's human nature to segregate ourselves based upon appearance, whether it be by skin color, height, gender, etc. We will always do this. Don't try to categorize every white man into that privileged group. People are individuals, they aren't a race. You're still Derrick & I'm still Ryan. Our races had a part to play in our life experiences, but we are far greater than the degradation of being labeled just a black & white man? you feel me? Racism will always exist, whether it be externally shown or purely internal (let a fat guy cut you off in traffic, you'll call him fat..asian guy, you'll call him chink..whatever). There's degrees of racism & a threshold to being a racist, I don't think either one of us cross that threshold...but we have to look at both sides of this argument. I understand where you came from, but trust me, not all whites have lived this lavish privileged life.

Zemedici

Established Member

I love it too.

As if a hard working individual will not reap the rewards of such work, regardless of race.

'But all the jobs go to whites!'

Well........:)

Zemedici

Established Member

Ah now I get it!

So if I go to the bank and ask for a $500,000 business loan, and have income / numbers to support it, I'll get it.

Meanwhile, if a black guy goes in with the SAME credentials, he will not get the loan?

My god. What an awful scenario.

Too bad it only exists in your fantasy land. I dont remember seeing a 'what race are you' question the last time I filled out loan / financial paperwork. It seems everyone's money spends the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread