New Orleans/Northshore (Slidell/Mand/Cov) meetup

kmadona

Established Member
Rips on the Lakefront is a Seafood Resturant and Lounge. Rips is right on the left when you hit the Lakefront from Hwy 59, off I-12. I am 99.7% they will have the Saints game on at noon. Their is a good amount of parking. I can find out if that would be good for everyone,

ruiner

2010 Shelby GT500
Established Member
Ruiner, where in New Orleans are you from?? I saw the gt500 in your avatar around the block from where I live a few weeks ago. I have only seen two like it in the New Orleans area, maybe it was you.

i live in ponchatoula but work downtown new orleans. i have only driven it once to work since i got it and that was last monday, the 7th.

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
i think us all meeting up at a bar or somewhere to watch the game would be an awesome idea. I cant wait till this comes together!

1crzhrs

1CRZHRS
Established Member
rips would work for me! the have the bar upstairs and tables as well. can reserve a spot too. been there a coupple times, real good food! so we looking at the 27th?

kmadona

Established Member
I will contact RIP's and let them know of the plan and get back tomorrow. This looks like they could get fairly busy, weather permiting.

ruiner

2010 Shelby GT500
Established Member
I just called Rips they open at 11am on the 27th and the game will be on.
Two weeks here 1crzhrs.

just passed rips yesterday never been there before. perfect place right across from the water

i was at Maxein's Coffee (right around the corner) meeting some friends to show them the car

jnaquin4

Established Member
So what is the tentative schedule for the meet? Is everyone staying at Rips until after the game then going somewhere else or what? I don't know if I will be able to make it to Rips but I do wanna meet up after the game.

jnaquin4

Established Member
Well I have been wanting to give the c.o. a good polish and wax, so I figured I would do it Sunday morning. I have never been to Rips so I didn't know if it was an actual bar or what. I won't be 21 for another 4 months.:(

kmadona

Established Member
It's a resturant and lounge. I haven't been there since right before Katrina.
Bad news, it looks like there may be some rain for Sunday.

kmadona

Established Member
I hope they are right, channel 8 said something different. If it rains I will ride out there in the wifes GT. The Cobra has never been driven in the rain and it would be nice to keep it that way as long as it is possible.

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
yea i will def have a problem if there is rain. Lets just hope it stays dry as of now. i def gotta get a coat of wax on the car for sure. I think that us meeting out there @ 330 or so would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread