New owner of '00R #160 - need original parts

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Hey guys, I just picked up #160 last night. There have been some minor mods and I am on the hunt for some original parts or really good reproductions and I need some advice. Any idea where / if I can get the following:

Fuel Cell - original was replaced with a 14 gallon fuel cell
Cat back exhaust (Bassani on it now)
Air filter box and snorkel (open conical filter there now)
rear seat delete material (wooden piece fabricated and covered with similar carpet is there now)

Thanks for any info you can offer!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Hey guys, I just picked up #160 last night. There have been some minor mods and I am on the hunt for some original parts or really good reproductions and I need some advice. Any idea where / if I can get the following:

rear seat delete material (wooden piece fabricated and covered with similar carpet is there now)

Welcome to the forum and congrats on acquiring an awesome vehicle. I can't really help you out with parts you're looking for but WHY IN THE WORLD would you want that crappy OEM cat back on there!?!?!?! :fart: Man I was doing cartwheels the day I got rid of that factory crap! I could actually hear the engine running!! :dancenana:

Good luck with the car, whatever your plans!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

I believe that the Fuel Safe fuel cell that is still available for the 99-04 Mustang will be a correct replacement, but Mark W. on this forum can tell you more about that.

Just recently on eBay there was an original Borla cat-back and air snorkel assy. for a 2000R. I don't know if they met reserve?

R

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
1967elenor, i think is his username, had a orignal borla side exaust off a R for sale. it was in the market section here, dunno if he ever sold it. couldnt help ya with the other parts. FRPP may still have some around.

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
the catback I had is sold, however do you need the air intake tube, from the tb to the MAF? if so I have one

wheelhopper

Established Member
Welcome to the forum and congrats on acquiring an awesome vehicle. I can't really help you out with parts you're looking for but WHY IN THE WORLD would you want that crappy OEM cat back on there!?!?!?! :fart: Man I was doing cartwheels the day I got rid of that factory crap! I could actually hear the engine running!! :dancenana:

Good luck with the car, whatever your plans!

I agree. Having the car 100% original is a nice concept. However, to truly enjoy the potential these cars have, particularly the lower hp cars like my '95. Some tastefull mods are the way to go.

I tried to track down some of the original exhaust for my '95, since I have a Bassani x-pipe and a Magnaflow cat back, when I first bought it. I found an original set, the owner wanted $1000.....:fart: At that point I decided that why get the original stuff. Lose hp, and I will never install it anyway. It will just take up space in the garage.

Congrats on the R, and take it to the next level.

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Glad to see you found a '00R. They are the funnest car to drive I have ever owned.... and have owned way too many to count.

Where did you find the '00R at? Was it local????

Have you sold the 93 Cobra yet?

Maybe we can meet one night at the Round Rock 620 hangout on a Sat. night. I'll drive my '00R down.

If you decide to sell the Bassani exhaust.... I am interested in buying it for my car.

Kar Kraft did have an original Borla system but they were very proud of it.

ekimv

Established Member
Glad to see you found a '00R. They are the funnest car to drive I have ever owned.... and have owned way too many to count.

Where did you find the '00R at? Was it local????

Have you sold the 93 Cobra yet?

Maybe we can meet one night at the Round Rock 620 hangout on a Sat. night. I'll drive my '00R down.

If you decide to sell the Bassani exhaust.... I am interested in buying it for my car.

Kar Kraft did have an original Borla system but they were very proud of it.

I would also buy it for mine! Scott already has enough, mods, sell me the Bassssani and I may work a deal for the original!

Mike

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Hey AC, as I drive the car around, I see what you mean. That Bassani sounds incredible.

I do want to change that fuel cell, but I need to confirm what the previous owner told me. It actually looks original to me, but I cant be sure. Anyone have any pics or ideas on how to confirm that it is the original?

1967 - no, I need everything on the other side of the MAF, but thank you

Wheelhopper - your post made a lot of sense to me, my first thoughts were to gather all the original parts for this car, but I think you are right

Cobra186 - you arent kidding, this IS the funnest mustang I have ever driven. I would really love to see your car to compare some things and ask you a million questions (ok, maybe just a hundered thousand). Let me know when and where and I will be there!! I found the call in Dallas. I have not sold the 93 yet, but havent marketed very hard yet. Let's talk soon!

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I do want to change that fuel cell, but I need to confirm what the previous owner told me. It actually looks original to me, but I cant be sure. Anyone have any pics or ideas on how to confirm that it is the original?

Picture1018.gif

R

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
OK, I am not sure the previous owner knew what he was talking about when he told me the fuel cell was swapped from the 21 gallon to a 14 gallon. Mone looks exactly like the one in the pic. He told me that the tank was swapped and the car would run out of gas when it still showed 1/4 tank? :shrug:

Is there a bladder inside the cell that is size adjustable? Or more likely, do I have a bad fuel sending unit making the gauge wrong?

IMG_0293.jpg

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I think what he meant to say is the gauge will never read full even when the tank is filled to the brim.

Your low fuel light should go on and that will give you a tiny bit of fuel when you get to empty. You shouldn't run it that low but you already know that? Right?

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Maybe he is confused a little.....because from what I have seen with the '00R fuel cell you will never get it to take 21 gallons of fuel with all the foam in the bladder. He probably has only ever been able to get the car to take ~ 14 gallons of fuel when it was low hence his thought that the cell was smaller than factory.

Word to the wise.... never let the fuel gauge get below a 1/4 tank. I have seen & heard of more than a few '00R running out of gas at that point. It seems that the fuel gauge always reads too high or too low. Both of the '00R that I own/owned would always go past full and be almost out of gas at 1/4 tank showing. I think there are a few members on here with the opposite problem and have cars that never reach full on the gauge.

I can't meet this weekend at RR620 but could probably meet you in a couple weeks down there.... or if you happen to be in Temple sometime, stop by my shop and we can shoot the breeze about them. I'd love to look your '00R over. I owned a stock '00R a couple years ago and now the highly modded one I have now.

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Is there a bladder inside the cell that is size adjustable? Or more likely, do I have a bad fuel sending unit making the gauge wrong?
IMG_0293.jpg

The bladder is form fitted for the exact inside dimensions of the metal tank. A multi piece anti-slosh foam specific to the fuel cell application is then placed inside the bladder. This foam is actually in the fuel and keeps the fuel from sloshing (shifting weight) and also provides support for the bladder so it (the bladder) keeps the contour of the metal tank. The foam is formed in such a way that it does not come in contact with the fuel sending unit. A fuel gauge that does not read the correct amount of fuel is common from what I have personally experienced with my 95R and 00R.

R

Last edited:

tjs98gt

Established Member
congrats on the purchase!!!

i see a few of you guys want the bassani side exit.....did none of you guys see the for sale ad ive had for months now for my bassani side exit???? ill bring it to the top in case anyone is interested. wish i could run it but cant with my subframes.

Users who are viewing this thread