New Owner

HidnNOS

Established Member
Always been into Mustangs, have had 30+ Fox bodies up to 2006 GT. I was in the market for a 96-02 Viper GTS for a daily driver but I went to a local Ford dealer asking about the 15GT and they had none on hand. So I drove to the dealer next door which was a CarMax dealer to see if they had any Vipers on hand. While pulling in the lot my wife spotted the back end of a blue mustang. A mustang I knew was a GT500. We walked up and my wife loved the look etc, asking what I thought. I said it's gorgeous and they way I'd want one (sticker/stripe delete) but it doesn't have heated seats (found none did.) Long of the short, wife pushed me to buy it so we did.

It had been 4 years since selling my 06 and I'd been daily driving our diesel Excursion or beater Nissan Sentra. When I left the dealership I jumped on 1st and "tried" slamming second. 2nd grinded and locked me out for a second. I thought I was just out of the game too long and chalked it up as a dumb sh!t move. Next day I had two buddies in the car and we launched 1st, grinded 2nd and they both laughed. I thought that was odd, twice in a row? So I came to a stop again, launched 1st, put my foot all the way in the clutch and shifted 2nd (still leaving clutch in) and it grinded. Buddy googled 1-2 shift issue and found out about it. I love the car, a little less than I did originally, and hope it will be corrected under warranty. I purchased the 2012 with 6,700 miles on it. It's out of the bumper to bumper by time but still within 5 year powertrain warranty so I trust it will be repaired, correctly. Time will tell. Also note there is a lot of gear noise when cruising, another thing I will try to have covered under warranty.

I look forward to getting the few issues I have resolved and then really enjoying the car.

397539_10204575503688173_6173136006828152177_n.jpg

His/Her SC'd daily drivers

1505135_10204579751514366_8941054678897019208_n.jpg

nxhappy

Established Member
clean looking ride.

Swap out that tranny oil if they let you (without jacking up warrenty). Amsoil ATF will help your grinding.

You can also get a short shifter.

HidnNOS

Established Member
clean looking ride.

Swap out that tranny oil if they let you (without jacking up warrenty). Amsoil ATF will help your grinding.

You can also get a short shifter.

Trust me, I used the MGW etc in my 06. Pro 50's in the Fox bodies etc. I mod my toys/cars but I mod to make better, I won't settle for a grinding trans stock. People have noted theirs have been fixed and there are noted fixes, after it's fixed I will play. 20" Nitto drag radials will be the first installed item/s.

Zemedici

Established Member
Yeah both of these issues are common problems with these cars, and MGW w/ new fluid will cure the issue

also the gear noise seems to just be a characteristic of these cars, some have gotten them completely rebuilt to have the noise come back, while others have simply changed fluid and the noise gone away. :shrug:

Anyway, car looks good, and like a ton of fun! welcome to the forum, there's a wealth of knowledge here, and enjoy your stay.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Great looking car. Sorry to hear about the 1/2 grind. All too common of an issue, and should never be an issue in a $55K (new) vehicle. Mine's still under 3/36K and powertrain. Let me know if you get yours sorted out.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Congrats & good luck with the new ride.
Will be interesting to see how your dealership handles the 1 - 2 grind issue..

Users who are viewing this thread