New Parts for the Mach :)

CiriloDOHC

Established Member
CiriloDOHC & Live Life Fresh: How did you get the "Cobra" on the back bumper "shaved off"? I LOVE this look and I want to do the same thing (I actually started a thread about it and then someone pointed me to your thread for advice). I was figuring i would have to get the letter cut-outs fiberglassed in and then re-painted. How did you guys do it?? Thanks!

Thanks well i havent done it yet because im 2000 miles away from home lol.. im out here working out of state and the parts are here just storage, i saw them off a salvaged cobra on a mustang junk yard and had to get them, i bought thee parts the day they received it hahah:rockon:.. But to answer your question, DO NOT FIBERGLASS IT, i read a thread a year back, and it was about how to fill in the letters your self, like a at home project, its really easy if you know what your doing, your best bet is to just take it a well experienced body shop, and make sure they have done it befor, i wouldnt wanna take the risk of it not being done right, cuz the filler will crack, if its done right you wont have any problems, im getting a friend to do the body work on mine.. hope i was somewhat of help lol..

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
Sweet! Thanks! So what do they fill it in with? I have a couple of connections at dealerships all around this area for painters and body shoppers so getting it done shouldnt be a problem.

BTW, i cant wait to see your car finished!!

CiriloDOHC

Established Member
Sweet! Thanks! So what do they fill it in with? I have a couple of connections at dealerships all around this area for painters and body shoppers so getting it done shouldnt be a problem.

BTW, i cant wait to see your car finished!!

Damm umm i really dont remember lol... i remember that forum had all the stuff you nee listed but i cant ind it anymore lol... but all i know is that the 03-04 cobra body is awesome and unique :) so whats all done to your mach? [performance and body

Mach1Chick

Wanna Race?
Established Member
Damm umm i really dont remember lol... i remember that forum had all the stuff you nee listed but i cant ind it anymore lol... but all i know is that the 03-04 cobra body is awesome and unique :) so whats all done to your mach? [performance and body

Alright Thanks! I will ask around.

I dont have much done to my car. It's all performance stuff but isnt anything crazy. JLT RAI, 4.10 gears, 38 spline axles, SLP Exhaust, Hoosier Drag Radials (when im at the track), and an SCT Tune by Jon Lund. It's my daily driver so i havent lowered it yet, which i want to do sooo bad, i just know its a pain. And considering my exhaust now sits so low its already scraping a bunch of crap, lowering it any is only going to make it worse. But, with that simple set up, I've been 12.54 @ 110mph. Pretty good for an Automatic :rolling:

But we just got back from Mustang Week down in Myrtle Beach and i saw so many things i want to do to mine! I just need some money! Haha It's about time i hit the streets or something to make all this extra cash. :-D

Live Life Fresh

Skilled Rookie
Established Member
Definitely easier (cheaper if you're paying someone to do it) to just fill in the lettering with the right stuff. Mine has a mix of bumper repair, fiberglass for plastics and an extra additive of epoxy for extra durability and strength. Not a hard process to do, but if you are pretty inexperienced with body work/ paint, just have a shop do it, not too hard of a process, shouldn't take them long at all :) Nice to see a girl reppin' the Torch Red well! :banana:

CiriloDOHC

Established Member
Car is finally in the shop and im finally home.. Cant wait to get her back :)
77088_169908766361421_100000268967233_524460_6239629_n.jpg

74236_169908929694738_100000268967233_524462_6865056_n.jpg

73017_169908443028120_100000268967233_524457_7186689_n.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread