NeW Pb at track last with 5.0 swap!!!!

tj4891

Established Member
Its a new Pb for me in the car, my best before was 11.8 at 118 with a built 2v and kb at 14lb. The new setup is stock 5.0 with cai and longtube and a tune revolution auto! car made 434hp as to 470with old setup. im running 28' hoosier dr with 373 last night. i can say the car still has some left in it and needs at nice set of 456s and a slick. I could be more pleased the way the car performed on its first outing. Here alittle video of it going down the track O YEa, i talked someone with a very clean and bad a$$ looking sonic blue cobra last night at cecil, it was nice talking to you, but sorry i totally forgot you name ..:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

[youtube_browser]B4XSkZ71-ho[/youtube_browser]

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Thing got out of the hole pretty good. What was the 60'? Looked like you shifted to 4th right before the line?

jleews6

Established Member
I'm amazed it ran that good considering it's so under geared. Like you said,with some 456s and some tuning you will be close to the tens. Listen to how much the motor gets dragged down out of it's power band in first and third gear and your not even using 4th gear.
There is a ton left in that thing.Congrats on a good swap.:beer:

tj4891

Established Member
Thing got out of the hole pretty good. What was the 60'? Looked like you shifted to 4th right before the line?

1.6 , i did shift into 4th right before the line, couple guys were saying run out 1st and 2nd alil longer so i wouldnt have to shift in to fourth but never got another clean run

tj4891

Established Member
I'm amazed it ran that good considering it's so under geared. Like you said,with some 456s and some tuning you will be close to the tens. Listen to how much the motor gets dragged down out of it's power band in first and third gear and your not even using 4th gear.
There is a ton left in that thing.Congrats on a good swap.:beer:

setup was 373 gears with 28in hosiers so we figured around 335 or 355 gear really lol

neatofrito1618

Established Member
1.6 , i did shift into 4th right before the line, couple guys were saying run out 1st and 2nd alil longer so i wouldnt have to shift in to fourth but never got another clean run
That shouldn't make a difference...

Nice run!

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
that's flying, you put a 100shot and a gear, that thing will tear out peoples soul's. :)

they'll see your 5.0 tag, think poser and get schooled.

Users who are viewing this thread