new PB with the 5C converter..

KrisR

Established Member
that would basically be the equivalent of making dyno pulls without knowing what the correction factor was.

I agree. Trust me I understand the importance of it and I'm always curious enough to look it up and post it when I can when it comes to my own stuff. But not everyone necessarily feels the same way.

In all fairness to everyone, it appears that the car went a little slower when DA is factored in with the latest run. I know that water grains can be a factor too but I haven't researched it enough to know what that means/does, so maybe the air wasn't as conducive to best times as it may seem if you look at DA alone. or maybe the tank of gas wasn't as good and the car PCM was correcting for some KR, or head/tailwind was different, who knows.

No matter. The car is moving out and looks great doing it, and as long as you are having fun with it that's all that really matters in the end. :rockon:

nordy racer

Established Member
you know the air was very nice. we added 2% more fuel across the board. I run the same gas from the same gas station and Adam says it everytime, MAN you have great fuel in the tank lol..

We are still learning on tuning the trans. we have the converter locking up at the top of second gear and all of third and fouth. we just don't know where the MPH is with this car. it is just hanging around the 117.9 to 118.3 mph even after changing the converters.

MIR slip
1146slip_zpsb7453b3e.jpg

Cecil slip
run110913_zps5e7ef1c5.jpg

and I think the tires are SHOT. need to get those new DR's installed.

Oh and she pulled the front wheel again on the 1.56 60ft run :) a friend got a video of the run so im trying to get from him.

4VFTW

Established Member
Nordy I dont think anyone is trying to "pick apart" your timeslips , but some of us spend alot of time at the track trying to eek out every .01 from our cars and determine exactly how each mod affected our cars and if we dont know what the atmospheric changes were between passes we may as well just stop trying.

your car hauls ass , dont get so defensive.

nordy racer

Established Member
Nordy I dont think anyone is trying to "pick apart" your timeslips , but some of us spend alot of time at the track trying to eek out every .01 from our cars and determine exactly how each mod affected our cars and if we dont know what the atmospheric changes were between passes we may as well just stop trying.

your car hauls ass , dont get so defensive.

thanks 4VFTW.. i'm sorry guys :nonono:, please forgive me..

its just been a stressful week spending a ton of money on rebuilding the trans and the car getting hit at the drag strip :mj:

coyote302

Established Member
:banana:congrats nordy !!! Glad to see that your car is fix....we dont care about DA , the car look great and is faster...:rockon:

KrisR

Established Member
You guys suck, LOL. I don't have a track closer than 100 miles from my house and the ones that are within any reasonable distance closed down for the season 3 weeks ago, and don't open again until mid April.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Congrats again OP, nice times!

For what its worth, I've run my car in -700 air to +2000+ air and from my experience every 1,000 in DA = .12 on the slips...so DA does matter quite a bit when your talking about NA cars! The slip is the slip, but using DA and corrected times is a great way to see if the car is improving or responding postively to mods, or to find out if you took a step backwards.

OP, I tink a 4.10 or 4.30 gear would work much better for your car...good luck!

Last edited:

nordy racer

Established Member
Congrats again OP, nice times!

For what its worth, I've run my car in -700 air to +2000+ air and from my experience every 1,000 in DA = .12 on the slips...so DA does matter quite a bit when your talking about NA cars! The slip is the slip, but using DA and corrected times is a great way to see if the car is improving or responding postively to mods, or to find out if you took a step backwards.

OP, I tink a 4.10 or 4.30 gear would work much better for your car...good luck!

True that Need4speed. It's not like I went racing in Denver CO then went racing at myhome track here in Md.

To each their own but thanks again for all the thanks guys.

casper gt

Established Member
save the money on the 4.10's, they aren't the answer.

4.30's are a defenate possibility, 3.15/3.27's are the other.

my 4.10's will be out next year if I keep the 5c, they are great with the stock converter but just don't seem to play well with the 5c.

I'm not shure if you are now (doesn't look like it by the 60' with 3.73's) but 4.10's + will have you shifting 1-2 in the 60' just FYI.

Need4Speed03

Established Member
save the money on the 4.10's, they aren't the answer.

4.30's are a defenate possibility, 3.15/3.27's are the other.

my 4.10's will be out next year if I keep the 5c, they are great with the stock converter but just don't seem to play well with the 5c.

I'm not shure if you are now (doesn't look like it by the 60' with 3.73's) but 4.10's + will have you shifting 1-2 in the 60' just FYI.

Um, didn't your car haul ass with the 4.10 l 5c combo? Why would you say that 4.10's aren't the answer and don't "play well" with the 5c? Are you talking performance or drivability? And why would you say 3.15/3.27's and not 3.31's?

casper gt

Established Member
Um, didn't your car haul ass with the 4.10 l 5c combo? Why would you say that 4.10's aren't the answer and don't "play well" with the 5c? Are you talking performance or drivability? And why would you say 3.15/3.27's and not 3.31's?

I thought about my comments later & thought this might be a logical question someone would ask. yes my car did well with the 4.10/5c/e-85 combo, but I don't have access to e-85 & even if I did I think the 4.30's might be better.

I guess the better way for me to have worded my 4.10 comments would be that since the o/p is changing gears anyway & doesn't have a suitable gear of any sort, I think 4.30's would be a better choice after having lived with the 4.10/5c combo for a while now. I had 4.10's in the car when we started which is why they are still there.

the 4.10 problem comes from not being able to get the rpms up high enough & keep them there (ie. I shift at 7k but go accross at 6900).

I would like to see just a touch higher thru the shifts & IMO 4.30's would let me see that.

as to the 3.15/3.27 vs. 3.31's, its just my personal preferance to keep the rpms in check, I personally don't feel comfortable spinning a stock coyote much past 7300/7400, I know plenty of folks do it, it's just my preferance not to.

Users who are viewing this thread