New Personal Best, 6spdIRS, 04 TVS Cobra VIDS

93stang5.0

Established Member
Went out to SAR the other night and made one full pass, resulting in a new best, 10.35 @139. I was told by tech before any runs I couldn't go faster than 11.50, "no cage" very understandable. Anyways, made three passes, on the third I made a full pass. The other two I worked on the launch and 60', which also was a new best, 1.53 60'. Considering the hot and humid weather, car did great and know it can go faster with better air. Will be back soon with a cage and hope to make that 140mph pass. Huge thanks to Kevin "04sleeper" and my buddy Mustang John!! Take a second and view the vids, thanks!

https://youtu.be/3V6qZNKJtLM

https://youtu.be/phgqxLwz2A0

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice driving OP, the cobra definitely moves out. I'm guessing they kicked you off after that pass lol. I'm sure with better weather it will go 9s at over 140mph. How much power does the car make? And is it a built engine?

19935.slow

Established Member
Car seems to go down the track with little effort. Seems like there is a ball hair of bog in it when she leaves. If you can get it to not pull the motor down you and till hook you'll get a 9 second clip.

93stang5.0

Established Member
Thanks.
Car is moving, congrats on the PB!
Thanks.
Nice! If I could run a 1.5 60 in mine I'd be making something happen but I don't wanna break my wimpy axles..
Stock axles here, lol.:D
Very nice, car has a 9 second hit in it!
Yes sir, once we get some better air, will let it eat..
Nice driving! Whats the details on the setup? Whp, weight, gearing, ect.
Remote tuned car, it will see the dyno soon. Its a little over 3600 with me in it and 373 with a 28'' tire.
Nice driving OP, the cobra definitely moves out. I'm guessing they kicked you off after that pass lol. I'm sure with better weather it will go 9s at over 140mph. How much power does the car make? And is it a built engine?
Thanks bud, pretty much told me no more. I'm hoping for a 9 second slip, just waiting on better air and more seat time. Its still on the stock motor!:coolman:
Such a tease, give us some details already!
Done.lol
Car seems to go down the track with little effort. Seems like there is a ball hair of bog in it when she leaves. If you can get it to not pull the motor down you and till hook you'll get a 9 second clip.
Yep, car did bog some, but with a little harder launch hoping it can correct it. I also need to adjust the front struts some, reason it dropped the front end so fast. They ended my night early, so I was stuck with that one pass. I have some info to go by next time out and hoping it can go faster..
I see you have a wot box. Why no 2-step launch?
That was the plan, but tech said otherwise. I wanted to launch on boost bad, I'll be back with a cage and will launch on the 2-step.:coolman:

04Cobra03

Established Member
Nice driving. I love seeing people really driving them and hitting the gears when an auto would do better.

KzooMuscle

Established Member
How do you cobra guys get your cars to come in so light when supposedly SNs weight less but mine almost weighs 3700lbs with me in it?

Users who are viewing this thread