NEW Photoshoot: Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 on Velgen VMB5 Wheels

Paul@HI

Established Member
These wheels are great looking!

But I did noticed they look as if they are a hybrid design of the Niche Targa and Avant Garde M510s. Not say that is a bad thing, just an observation in my opinion.

Velgen
vmb5_01_b_2_1.jpg

Niche
targa_m131_sdcf-l.jpg

Avant Garde
main.jpg

You are definitely right. I personally think they look closer to the ADV.1 ADV5.01's:

7.jpg

optica1ilusionz

Established Member
I think i'm pretty much sold on these, i would PM you for the special pricing but i dont have enough posts. with these offsets, would i run into any issues with the stock struts? I will be going coilovers eventually, but for now, i want to be sure the clearance wont be an issue running a 305 wide out back.

Paul@HI

Established Member
I think i'm pretty much sold on these, i would PM you for the special pricing but i dont have enough posts. with these offsets, would i run into any issues with the stock struts? I will be going coilovers eventually, but for now, i want to be sure the clearance wont be an issue running a 305 wide out back.

You can send me an email directly to [email protected] and I can provide pricing :)

No issues with the stock struts or a 305 tire. The GT500 you see in the OP is lowered on KW V3 Coilovers with plenty of room. You will be fine with stock or modified suspension.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Locotone07

Established Member
Thanks for the clarification. The reason I asked about the possibility of the wheel sticking outside of the fender more on one side than then the other was to see if you had an adjustable panhard bar. The rear end is known to not be perfectly centered from the factory. With the stock wheels, it is unnoticeable but once you put on a nice set of wide wheels with an aggressive offset, being off by 1/4" to 1/2" is extremely noticeable.

I believe the above is what the owner of the Mustang in the link is experiencing.

With that being said, the safest tire setup will be 255/35/20 and 295/35/20. You can also go with a lower profile if you prefer 255/30/20 and 295/30/20.

However, a 305 is still considered "flush" on a 20x10.5 +45. The additional 5mm of tire on each side of the wheel is not much at all but again, would be noticeable if the rear end is not centered.

I hope this helps.

New Shoes for my pony...AG M550 - Page 2

I asked and apparently, it is 1/4" on both sides and he has an adjustable phb as well as being lowered 1.5".
Any other thoughts?

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member

I asked and apparently, it is 1/4" on both sides and he has an adjustable phb as well as being lowered 1.5".
Any other thoughts?

Even with a 285 or a 275 tire I think it would still stick out 1/4" on my setup.
I am the said owner of the M550's in question.

It is really not that noticeable unless you are looking at it closely to adjust the PHB, then you can see the 1/4".
If you will be at MW13 you can see it in person!

Last edited:

sadil

Established Member
The fitment is fairly "flush" with a 10.5 +45. The GT500 shown in this thread is lowered further then your Mustang. There is a natural "tuck" when lowering this far. With that being said, your offset almost looks a little more aggressive than the typical +45 that I see (might just be the angle). Are your M550's sticking out further on one side of the vehicle as opposed to the other?

Howie, would there be a natural tuck with a live-axle car? I thought it would stay pretty parallel as you lower the car, unlike IRS cars that tuck as soon as you install lowering springs.

Also, can you please get us some weights on the wheels?

Thanks.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Yes, but is would be stretched:

275 tire = 10.82" wide (average)

10.5 wheel = 11.5" edge to edge

So you will have .68" of stretch (.34" each side).

Also, you would have to make some type of modifications to the vehicle to fit the 10.5 up front and then you still have brake clearance issues. The caliper simply won't clear those deep concave spokes. The only way this would work would be with a wide body kit and spacers.

I would strongly suggest the 20x9 / 20x10.5 setup.

I agree. I'm running a 285 on a 10.5" CV7 and it has a slight rounded / stretched look to it...I should have done a 305...Oh well, these tires won't last long anyways :D

Paul@HI

Established Member

Any other thoughts?

The brand of tire may come into play at this point.

Even with a 285 or a 275 tire I think it would still stick out 1/4" on my setup.
I am the said owner of the M550's in question.

It is really not that noticeable unless you are looking at it closely to adjust the PHB, then you can see the 1/4".
If you will be at MW13 you can see it in person!

What brand/model tire are you running? Some run wider than others.

Paul@HI

Established Member
I agree. I'm running a 285 on a 10.5" CV7 and it has a slight rounded / stretched look to it...I should have done a 305...Oh well, these tires won't last long anyways :D

285 isn't bad. That pretty much a perfect fit on a 10.5. 295 or 305 would definitely be better choices in the future :) It is always nice to have an excuse to burn up some tires.

Paul@HI

Established Member
Howie, would there be a natural tuck with a live-axle car? I thought it would stay pretty parallel as you lower the car, unlike IRS cars that tuck as soon as you install lowering springs.

You are correct. Here is a good comparison shot to show the natural tuck between rear and front on an slammed Mustang. You will notice the front definitely tucks more but there is still a slight tuck to rears as well, this is what I am referring to. Now I wouldn't go as far as to call it negative camber (not possible w/ live axle) but it does offer additional room. This is just something we have taken note of after doing a lot of installs.

Rears are 20x10.5 +45.

tjintuner5.jpg

Also, can you please get us some weights on the wheels?

Thanks.

The weights are 26/27lbs

Last edited:

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
The brand of tire may come into play at this point. What brand/model tire are you running? Some run wider than others.
Toyo Proxes 4 295-30 in rear....
Rears are 20x10.5 +45.
tjintuner5.jpg
There is no possible way my wheels could tuck...the picture above is not possible with my car. The tires would hit the fender for sure!

Makes me wonder what backspacing/offset I really have!?

CLICK PIC FOR LARGER:
th_DSCN0566.png

Users who are viewing this thread