New pics of my car

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
It didn't turn red...it's supposed to be red :p

I have a few purple ones here too, I'm going to get them reproduced soon!

Green SVT

Established Member
Looks nice. Question. Do the motor mount inserts help with the tranny lash during shifting? I'm almost 100% sure I want this kit. Be a good salesman and tell me how you like it.

-R-

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I think this kit would be the best functional kit for the DD, but for some reason I like the look of the koni/eibachs :) Glad mine isn't a dd, wait...mine doesn't even run!

Scottman

Established Member
Wow Steve, your car looks wonderful. I HATE YOU I HATE YOU! ;-) BTW thanks for the extra large pics, I have your car as my desktop picture now!:beer:

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Green SVT
Looks nice. Question. Do the motor mount inserts help with the tranny lash during shifting? I'm almost 100% sure I want this kit. Be a good salesman and tell me how you like it.

-R-

What tranny lash? :D Here are my thoughts on the whole kit:

Lowering: Almost perfect, could maybe me a little more in the front, but mine probably hasn't settled completely. I can't stand the slammed look of the Koni's/Eibachs, especially with 16" wheels.

Handling: Wow...that's almost all I can say. The car handles like it's on rails. Responds perfectly to any movement of the wheel, great road feel. I like that I can now feel the road exactly the same while cornering agressively as I can while going straight.

Other Benefits: No more tranny lash, it's completely gone. Everything feels tight, no body movementh, no drivetrain movement. No more rocking while accelerating or breaking. Better traction...before it seemed like the weight of the car would shift back and fall off onto the ground while launching hard. Not anymore, feels solid.

So overall I am impressed with the kit, with the only complaint (if you can call it a complaint) is that I wish it was just a LITTLE lower in the front. The rear is perfect. Handling is perfect.

Scottman, thanks for putting it on your desktop. I guess that digital camera is useful for something :D Thanks for the compliments everyone!

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
Looks great!!!

The BAT kit is in my plans for this spring (tax money!) along with probably Wilwood brakes & 300mm rotors... Oh yeah...:D

SoundQ SVT

Established Member
That was lowered?

I'm sorry, but I guess I'm missing something. :shrug: Is your car lowered or not? :??: The reason I'm confused is that my car is lower than that (especially in the rear) and I'm on the stock suspension. I currently have 1/2" gap between the top of the rear tire and the fender lip, and my front gap looks about the same as yours, maybe a little more.

Click the www link box below to see my page.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread