New pics of the car

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Here's some better pics of the car with the S281 spoiler.

123.jpg

124.jpg

125.jpg

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
looks real nice. that spoiler looks a bit different than other 281's for some reason.
by the way, your mirrors are "textured" right? meaning they are not perfectly smooth? just wondering how the paint looks on them. got a close up pic?
94-95 mirrors have a smooth finish 96-98 mirrors are textured. not sure about 99+ mirrors though.

95cobby

Established Member
Looks fuggin awesome Josh! Haven't seen a whole lot of pics of your car but damn it looks good. Those pics are soooo much better than the camera pics too. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

badass98svt said:
by the way, your mirrors are "textured" right? meaning they are not perfectly smooth? just wondering how the paint looks on them. got a close up pic?
94-95 mirrors have a smooth finish 96-98 mirrors are textured. not sure about 99+ mirrors though.

He sanded them down and painted them, so I'm guessing they are smooth. My mirror's weren't perfectly smooth either but after I sanded them and painted them, they are now. Our mirrors didn't come painted from the factory.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Thanks guys.

I didn't really sand the mirrors. I took a plastic scotch brite pad and used it to rough the surface. I then primed and painted them. They aren't completely smooth but it's in the paint/cearcoat, not the plastic underneath. Here's a closeup
closeup1.JPG

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
Looks good! I was wondering why you have black around your tail lights instead of the stock yellow paint? I think with the yellow around them they would look good because you painted your side mirrors yellow. But don't get me wrong, you have a amazingly nice Cobra! Definitely a :thumbsup: !!

Last edited:

pottsy

Established Member
:coolman: My favorite CY Cobra out there, that thing just looks awesome! Nice work Josh.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Lightning LA said:
Looks good! I was wondering why you have black around your tail lights instead of the stock yellow paint? I think with the yellow around them they would look good because you painted your side mirrors yellow. But don't get me wrong, you have a amazingly nice Cobra! Definitely a :thumbsup: !!

Actually I did that before painting the mirrors. I was going to get smoked headlights also but decided to spend $20 on clear corners instead of $170 on new headlights. Since painting the mirrors I have been thinking about painting the bezels back yellow. Haven't really decided yet. I still have some CY paint I just have to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread