New Poster and 03 owner!

3rdstang

Established Member
newposter/03 owner and my vibe prob

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been reading the board for the last few weeks and finally got around to posting, I own a black '03 coupe, totally stock.

For those with vibration problems, I'm just curious how many miles you all have on your cars. My 03 had really bad vibration when I first picked it up but it seems like after everything has kind of "softened up" for lack of a better term, it has totally gone away. The car had like 30 miles on it when I picked it up in kansas city and driving it back to Omaha (about 180 miles) the vibration was so bad at 80 that I could barely see out of my rear view mirror. Like I stated earlier however, it is totally gone now at around 750 miles. Luckily I am not experiencing any of the pulling to the right that some others have either.

Last edited:

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
I just discovered I got the vibe at 80 in 6th. I only got 100 miles on it since picking it up yesterday and it would be nice if it goes away on its own.

I think that some folks have had it fixed but it seemed like a hassle. New drive shaft, special ford guy had to come in and hook it up. I hope i do not have to go through a bunch of crap because the car is so great otherwise.

Otherwise it was cold out this morning and the car was so fast that I could break loose the tires in first while moving...that’s so cool…literally

Good luck with yours; it’s an awesome car.....Steve

Last edited:

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
Always glad to see a new guy - welcome dude. :-D

I got the vibe - had it from the begining... and at 1500+ miles I still got it. It's not really that bad on mine, but it still is a nusance. Talked to the service rep a few days ago about it (had to take my 01 in for "the ping" fix). I'm waiting for the TSB to be issued before I take it in to get it fixed.... but am planning to take it in 2 weeks from now to just get it on record that I have it.

Best of luck with your mods (you ARE going to do some mods now aren't ya ;-) ).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread