New races 870rwhp C6 ZR1 vs 890awhp GTR R35

wma8706

Established Member
awesome race between 2 great cars but that being said ..... Don't get me wrong cause America is still King of 1/4 drag race cars but I can't help but think how behind the top American sports car technology is compared to the best from Europe and Japan. Just when American sports cars embrace light weight savings and power to weight ratio ..... the ops come out with lightning fast transmissions and all wheel drive! The GTR is nearly 400-500 lbs heavier than the vette!

grnenvy

Established Member
I'm thinking that the Vette is on street tires? If it had a set of M/T on it can u say another 5-6 car lengths. Traction makes all the differance and most people don't realize it. I learned that back in the late 80s on the streets of Philly Street racing.

venomws6

Established Member
I'm glad everyone enjoyed the vid more coming soon. :rockon:

Looks like Kuwait, perhaps?

Nice video OP, that vette moved out. Are you spraying the 200 shot on a stock motor?

Yes Stock engine , stock fuel system stock injectors stock clutch stock heads stock TB and stock blower

Thanks.

More than likely, there is a long ass road like that going from Bahrain to Saudi too if I remember correctly? Badass cars btw!

You're good. :lol1:
Thanks.

awesome race between 2 great cars but that being said ..... Don't get me wrong cause America is still King of 1/4 drag race cars but I can't help but think how behind the top American sports car technology is compared to the best from Europe and Japan. Just when American sports cars embrace light weight savings and power to weight ratio ..... the ops come out with lightning fast transmissions and all wheel drive! The GTR is nearly 400-500 lbs heavier than the vette!

You're right the GTR's technology is amazing and the car is badass I hope 1 day I can own one
BUT The old tech weight saving power to weight wins the races if the setup was right.

What turbos are on the GT-R?

Boost Logic turbos I'll check which one and let you know.

venomws6

Established Member
I'm thinking that the Vette is on street tires? If it had a set of M/T on it can u say another 5-6 car lengths. Traction makes all the differance and most people don't realize it. I learned that back in the late 80s on the streets of Philly Street racing.

Vette had smaller wheels (stock look) NTO5R 345-30-19 The stock won't hold it with 630rwhp.
Next mods will include CCW with MT345/35/18 :rockon:

Believe me if this car had perfect traction from 60 it will be a murder (even more than this :lol1:
From the 20mph with those Nitto + TQ we jumped until mid 2nd gear when sprayed then :burnout: maybe next time we'll spray from 3rd gear :coolman:

RedVenom

Da Infamous One
Established Member
Makes me smile to see the top end on that Vette... Hoping my FRC makes 700whp on my current build. Looking to scare a few GTR's as well.

95SC

Banned
Great races of two bad a$$ cars. Wow the excuses and arguing on GTR forums ,that's worst then ZL1 owners

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member

The technology isn't new, it's just very expensive. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Put AWD + sequential and listen to the complaining about a $40,000 repair bill every time something breaks.

I'm not going to get into the reliability debate other than to say EVERY CAR THAT is MODDED AND RACED BREAKS! Which car is feasible for 99.999% of the population to repair and continue to enjoy?

Users who are viewing this thread