New races 870rwhp C6 ZR1 vs 890awhp GTR R35

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
where was that long stretch of road?

They are somewhere in the Middle East. Thats what all the highways look like there. Ive been to Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Kuwait, and Oman and they all look the same.

Awesome runs, you guys! Huge balls for hitting 210 mph! Thats awesome! That GTR didnt just get spanked... he got biatch slapped!!

venomws6

Established Member
sick as always bro... this thread is not as entertaining as the one on LS1tech + GTR forums haha

:lol1: :lol1: I know It's already 13 pages at GTR's forums.
And I still didnt upload the other video. :thumbsup:

They are somewhere in the Middle East. Thats what all the highways look like there. Ive been to Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Kuwait, and Oman and they all look the same.

Awesome runs, you guys! Huge balls for hitting 210 mph! Thats awesome! That GTR didnt just get spanked... he got biatch slapped!!

Thanks man.
The V-boxed showed 204mph :coolman:

venomws6

Established Member
2nd video watch in HD :D

[youtube_browser]ysRmy7ySS3s&feature=plcp[/youtube_browser]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Whoa, that 2nd video in HD is AWESOME! What a ride! Great kill, too! :rockon:

jleews6

Established Member
Both cars are impressive but the ZR1 pulls like crazy. Dont forget that not only is the ZR1 pulling the GTR but he is making up ground and still pulling. It takes allot more then most think to do that.
I wonder where all the people are that were saying the LS9 wouldnt take this kind of power when they first came out?:shrug:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Exactly what I was thinking. How long do you expect the LS9 to survive a 200 hot on stock internals.

An LS9 is built like a tank. It's not like an LSA.

6 bolt main
Cast iron cylinder liners
Dry sump oiling
Titanium rods
Forged pistons
9:1:1 comp ratio

I don't know the specific limits, but with the right tune and a pair of snails I'd venture to say 1000rwhp++ easily.

TheHitman™

Established Member
An LS9 is built like a tank. It's not like an LSA.

6 bolt main
Cast iron cylinder liners
Dry sump oiling
Titanium rods
Forged pistons
9:1:1 comp ratio

I don't know the specific limits, but with the right tune and a pair of snails I'd venture to say 1000rwhp++ easily.

I don't think a stock LS9 can take that much a built one (stock block on forged internals) blew up a few year back making 1100whp. The race gas they put on that ZR1 is a bandaid, probably preventing knock. I think it's safe at it's current level but I don't think it would last at all at 1000whp.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I don't think a stock LS9 can take that much a built one (stock block on forged internals) blew up a few year back making 1100whp. The race gas they put on that ZR1 is a bandaid, probably preventing knock. I think it's safe at it's current level but I don't think it would last at all at 1000whp.

I'm sure one has, cars blow up all the time because of bad tunes. There is NO obvious weak link with the LS9 until you're talking HUUUGE power where the Al block might be swapped in favor of an iron one.

A LOT of people use race gas to stay on the safe side of things, (GT-Rs included). Not everyone has E85 local to them or wants to use meth.

Last edited:

TheHitman™

Established Member
I'm sure one has, cars blow up all the time because of bad tunes. There is NO obvious weak link with the LS9 until you're talking HUUUGE power where the Al block might be swapped in favor of an iron one.

A LOT of people use race gas to stay on the safe side of things, (GT-Rs included). Not everyone has E85 local to them or wants to use meth.

To be quite honest, 1000whp on pump gas is overrated. At those power levels in any car I would want that extra safety with race gas. All it would take is a some bad gas and you have to get a new motor.

Users who are viewing this thread