New Raptor Info

blksn8k

Established Member
Hehe. For those who don't follow NASCAR, there has been a bit of a tiff going on recently between Ford and Yota. It seems some parts from one of Jack Roush's teams mysteriously "disappeared". The parts were a suspension sway bar and an engine valve spring, both of which were developed by Roush at some expense. The parts eventually turned up with one of the Toyota teams. The parts were returned to Roush but he threatened law suits claiming that these were proprietary pieces. NASCAR rules do not allow many parts to be customized and these just happen to fall into that category. Could have saved Yota a lot of engineering time and money. NASCAR basically ignored the whole thing.

Then when one of the Roush teams was fined after winning the Las Vegas race because an oil tank lid came off during the race Toyota's Lee White, an ex Roush employee, jumped all over Roush for being a cheater. The best part is that the Roush driver who won that race, Carl Edwards, has been embarrassing everyone else on the 1.5-2 mile tracks before, during and after the Vegas race. Some teams are even calling for rule changes because the races are too "boring".:lol1:

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Nascar/Nextel is like professional wrestling on wheels to me. I quit watching when Nascar allowed the Chevy SB2 and Ford still had to plug away with the only true Nascar/Nextel engine with production-based parts and still does. Hell all of the manufacturers, except for Ford, have specially designed engines built just for Nascar/Nextel. Hell Toyota took the best from all engines when they designed theirs. As far as I know they have never ever built a push rod V8 for any production car :dw: . Nascar is dirty and the anti-Ford sentiment that came from the Frances is still around. Can you imagine the reaction from Nascar and fans if Ford publicly bought this up and asked to build their own special Nascar engine? It would be a big NO.

Users who are viewing this thread