New Rear Tire Recommendations

TexasShelby

Established Member
Thanks to the great road people that are in charge in the city of Midland Texas, I had double blow out trying to go down a major street that was under construction. There was no damage to the car since I was only doing 20, but both left side tires were ruined. So a tow later and it's down at Discount tire.

Examining the tires, I decided to go ahead with a whole new set. I'm thinking of sticking with the Nitto INVOs on the front, but would like any positive recommendations for a rear 20" tire. I'm looking closely at the Nitto NT05 and the NT05R for the back. Any comments good or bad would be appreciated.

I'm only on the street, no tracks, but do drive spirited on occasion. I'm running about 600hp and running the Shelby Razor wheel. Currently the rears are 285/30, but would like to go to a 35.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Last edited:

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks to the great road people that are in charge in the city of Midland Texas, I had double blow out trying to go down a major street that was under construction. There was no damage to the car since I was only doing 20, but both left side tires were ruined. So a tow later and it's down at Discount tire.

Examining the tires, I decided to go ahead with a whole new set. I'm thinking of sticking with the Nitto INVOs on the front, but would like any positive recommendations for a rear 20" tire. I'm looking closely at the Nitto NT05 and the NT05R for the back. Any comments good or bad would be appreciated.

I'm only on the street, no tracks, but do drive spirited on occasion. I'm running about 600hp and running the Shelby Razor wheel. Currently the rears are 285/30, but would like to go to a 35.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

I've seen a lot of success with the Nitto NT05R. Look at Chris Cruz and his 5.0 and winner of KOTS. 20" Nitto Drag Radial and ran 9's.

They HOOK>

TexasShelby

Established Member
Well I went with the NT05s. That's the only tire that I can fit right now. I'm looking for a couple more Razors to widen, when I get those, I'll go a bigger back tire and perhaps the Rs.

Users who are viewing this thread