new sensible kid hauler

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
guys,

i've been contemplating a new summer daily driver for a little while. i have 3 kids and they just don't fit in the GTR anymore. i really liked my CTS-V, but its still cool here in wisconsin, and that car just doesn't get traction here at all. i knew i needed AWD, since i love driving the shit out of my GTR all year round. i briefly looked at hellcat chargers, but realized i can't do RWD.

i was looking at everything. i even considered getting a mclaren, 911 turbo, just about anything reasonable and unreasonable was on my list. i decided to be a little practical. i found this bad-boy on autotrader, and it was optioned just like i wanted. i drove to columbus last thursday to visit my brother and picked it up. i traded in my CTSV

it has the upgraded audio system, carbon fiber everything, sport exhaust, etc. first impression::: very nice. super comfortable ride, fast as balls with endless traction, zero lag. the sound system is insane. i am not an audio buff at all--but its unreal. the rear seats fold down, and i could easily fit a bike in the back. kids first impression::: they love the fact there's built in wi-fi for their tablets, and the car 'farts' on downshifts.

its been an up and down year and a half for my family, so this was a nice early birthday gift for me

photo_5.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_6.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_1.jpg

mystickb1996

Established Member
Great choice! Looks amazing and I approve of the wheels, defiantly a sweet wheel for stock. I hear with a tune only these cars are beasts.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Nice choice!!! I'm a big fan of these cars. If I could swing one I would have one. I've seen them with tune only Nearly mid-10s at 130...

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Thanks guys. Yeah, the car feels much faster than the ctsv even though they are similar in terms of power. The car makes nearly 700 at the motor with a 93 octane tune and runs upper 10's in the low 130's. Crazy for a four door. Don't know if/when I'll tune it at this point. I thought I would hate the wheel, but they look much better in person

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Sweet. There was an identical one in the showroom yesterday when I was taking delivery of my S3. Not a huge fan of the looks but it definitely has road presence and the balls to back it up.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Badass ride. Congrats! Friend of mine has one and it's amazing.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Nice to see you still have the '85 GT.

Nice RS7 btw, for some reason I was prepared to see a Hellcat Charger. Love the color too!
Anyways, your avatar pic, which steak house is that from? I recently went to Alexanders for the first time and can easily say its my 3rd choice for steak houses, maybe even 4th! Flemings and Ruths Chris baby!

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Nice to see you still have the '85 GT.

Nice RS7 btw, for some reason I was prepared to see a Hellcat Charger. Love the color too!
Anyways, your avatar pic, which steak house is that from? I recently went to Alexanders for the first time and can easily say its my 3rd choice for steak houses, maybe even 4th! Flemings and Ruths Chris baby!

honestly, i had a charger hellcat on order, even put money down on it. where i live, all that power is absolutely worthless 8 months out of the year, at least. even with drag radials, any hellcat wouldn't have a prayer against this car on the street at this time--which is exactly when i want to drive a nice car after enduring the winters here. plus, none of the charger colors jumped out at me. i could tune this car if i want to, but most of the time i will be with my kids in the car, not looking to race at all obviously.

the steak in my avatar was from mortons. back in my gym days, when i could eat endlessly, it wouldn't be out of the question for me to eat the double porterhouse there--48oz.

Users who are viewing this thread