new set up almost done

5.4 notch

Established Member
Were you having a spark issue? or why the change on the coils? Nice setup!
i had a chance to change the system over to the fast xfi with the ls coils so i decided to do it while the car was all apart..i wasnt having an issue yet..went thru a couple msd dis 4 boxes..

Last edited:

95riosnake

Established Member
Was this car in the June 04 issue of 5.0 magazine? Looks strikingly similar. If so, that is one of my all-time favorite cars. I idolized that car for many years.

Here are a couple photos from the feature:

m5lp_0406_01_z+1991_ford_mustang+front_view.jpg

m5lp_0406_03_z+1991_ford_mustang+engine.jpg

The widened saleens are what tipped me off.

Fast 96 Asp

Established Member
Was this car in the June 04 issue of 5.0 magazine? Looks strikingly similar. If so, that is one of my all-time favorite cars. I idolized that car for many years.

First thing that came to mind. Was always my dream car (except it had some weird carbon fiber exhaust tips)..Now it may be in NH? :rockon: If it goes up for sale shoot me a PM :beer:

5.4 notch

Established Member

Here are a couple photos from the feature:

m5lp_0406_01_z+1991_ford_mustang+front_view.jpg

m5lp_0406_03_z+1991_ford_mustang+engine.jpg

The widened saleens are what tipped me off.

yes that is the car...i bought the car about 5 years ago...and it has been completely rebuilt from head to toe....its been a real fun car..

95riosnake

Established Member
yes that is the car...i bought the car about 5 years ago...and it has been completely rebuilt from head to toe....its been a real fun car..

Oh I can tell! In comparing the pictures from 04 to now, you've no doubt put a ton of work into it, including one thing I always thought it lacked...a smoothed bay. All the holes in the engine bay had quite a swiss cheese look, especially in yellow.

Props for keeping a legend (in my opinion) on top :beer:

coposrv

Established Member
Curious as to how how the coolant setup is run in the earlier pics. Can you elaborate on it a little bit?

5.4 notch

Established Member
Curious as to how how the coolant setup is run in the earlier pics. Can you elaborate on it a little bit?
the coolant lines come from the upper intake to a distribution block,then to the radiator..hope this helps...

Neverbdonegt

Established Member
the turbo is a precision 76mm with a 75mm exhuast..motor is a 5.4 custom pistons,manley billet rods..4 valve heads done by fox lake..custom turbo cams..

So you're the one who bought genes old car.. I saw that car when he first finished it way back when and still have pics of it somewhere at a fun ford carshow. His focus may have been the coolest car I have ever seen period..

gtmustang00

Established Member
Sick car Jeff. Car has come a long ways.

Do you have a working e-brake yet? :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread