New Shifter Handle in town

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Buy the UPR and support your local rip-off artist... on second thought, can't really call them an artist can you.

Get the MGW.

See here for what everyone thinks.

Last edited:

LCCOBRA

Established Member
But I was reading the mgw and I like this about their handle. They said the Bi-Metal construction not only reduces heat transfer and vibration from the transmission but it is also super strong. It will not break like weaker all aluminum handles.
http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_shift_handle.html

YOu think upr is just a copy cat? Might be what i'm thinking.

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
Originally posted by Corner-Carver
Buy the UPR and support your local rip-off artist... on second thought, can't really call them an artist can you.

Get the MGW.

See here for what everyone thinks.

ditto!

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
George uses the best material possible (highest tensile strengths, etc. etc.) other "competitors" (for lack of a better term) don't. They cut a few corners to save $0.02, well, $0.05 in this case.;-)

Last edited:

LCCOBRA

Established Member
opps repost. My bad. DId'nt know someone already did a post. SHould have done a search.

Andorion

ÆNIMAL
Established Member
I had a bad experience with the MGW handle... after using it for about 2 months, it somehow got BENT or something, and could no longer be adjusted. Even after removing the 2 torx screws on the sides completely, the adjustable part of the handle WOULD NOT BUDGE, and little metal shavings were falling all over the place when i tried to force it to rotate or retract.

The reason I stopped using it, though, was that I like having the shifter handle point *straight up*, like it does w/ the stock shifter or with the Tri-Ax handle (which I'm using.) The MGW knob was always pointed in an odd direction... towards me, towards the back, or too far forwards. I guess I could have gotten used to it, but it took *more* effort to do a smooth fast shift than with a straight handle.

~Berj

mosconiac

Established Member
Andorion: I had that problem too. What you and I were experiencing is the locations where your set screws "set" had caused "craters" which forced material UP from the surface of the adjustable rod. That material was coming in contact with the aluminum body causing interference. It took me about 20 minutes of pulling, tugging, grunting, and it finally ground its way out. That bore of the body liked like a pos when I was done.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
MGW puts the engineering dollars into this handle and then UPR copies it. For that reason alone I would buy the MGW handle, unless the UPR had a significant difference that would sway my purchase.:nonono:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
The upr doesnt even look like a new product with any new benefits. It looks exactly like the mgw. WTF

Users who are viewing this thread