New Shifter

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like the shifter, but I wish the boot was lower to show off more of the "flat" Hurst-signature handle. It just looks like it is fitting too high on the handle.

I called Roush Performance and here's the breakdown of part numbers and prices.

Shifter Assembly (Roush handle, knob & boot upgrade)
Part Number JRC-02
$189.00.

Short Throw Shifter
Part Number 3650-A
$189.00

So if you want the short throw shifter with the Roush Hurst-style handle it will set you back $378.00. Compare that to either the Pro 5.0 or the Tri-Ax. Ouch! It is a nice looking handle, though. Just a bit expensive for what you're getting.

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob
I like the shifter, but I wish the boot was lower to show off more of the "flat" Hurst-signature handle. It just looks like it is fitting too high on the handle.

You *can* push it down more. I like it where it is. In fact, I would like it much more if it didn't say "ROUSH"

Part Number JRC-02
$189.00.

Short Throw Shifter
Part Number 3650-A
$189.00

So if you want the short throw shifter with the Roush Hurst-style handle it will set you back $378.00. Compare that to either the Pro 5.0 or the Tri-Ax. Ouch! It is a nice looking handle, though. Just a bit expensive for what you're getting. [/B]

You are correct, their prices are very expensive for what you get but I didn't care as I really liked the look.

MJ

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraBob

Part Number JRC-02
$189.00.

Short Throw Shifter
Part Number 3650-A
$189.00

So if you want the short throw shifter with the Roush Hurst-style handle it will set you back $378.00. Compare that to either the Pro 5.0 or the Tri-Ax. Ouch! It is a nice looking handle, though. Just a bit expensive for what you're getting.

Just a note here. The Roush shifter IS a PL Tri-Ax (Private Label), but for the 5spd, not the 6spd. I'm going to purchase the tri-ax directly from steeda (making use of that 10% discount!) and then get the handle from roush. Been eying that piece for a while, I used to have a roush so it'll be nice to me :)

Mj, is the boot leather or vinyl?

John :thumbsup:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by mjchip

You are correct, their prices are very expensive for what you get but I didn't care as I really liked the look.
MJ [/B]
And that is the bottom line. When you want something unique that bad, cost really isn't a big factor unless it's way out of reach. Enjoy!
:beer:

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by Sonic 03 Cobra
Just a note here. The Roush shifter IS a PL Tri-Ax (Private Label), but for the 5spd, not the 6spd. I'm going to purchase the tri-ax directly from steeda (making use of that 10% discount!) and then get the handle from roush. Been eying that piece for a while, I used to have a roush so it'll be nice to me :)

Mj, is the boot leather or vinyl?

John :thumbsup:

The boot is NOT leather.

MJ

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
the part number JRC-02 is no longer active...

I am still interested in that handle... Where else can i get one?

Users who are viewing this thread