New shoes on my ride !

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
Love the wheels on your car....Makes a hugh difference in looks as well as handling I bet.

Here is a picture of my Carrera that just received new shoes as well.....

They are RH Wheels 18 x 8.5 in the front & 18 x 10 in the rear

Thanks man.. I appreciate it... and yes it totally changed the look of the car from the previous ones and it does handle very well... Your car is sweet too.. I love it ! Looks like the same one I wanted so bad some years back but just wasn't affordable at the time...... I just love driving mine.. can't seem to get enough of it and i'm sure you would agree having one too.

I have a question on the caliper stickers... Can you give me the details on exactly what kind of decals they are how they are put on to the caliper… I would love to have them for my Lincoln… I am just wondering how long they will stay on and so on?

They are vinyl decals.. I had them made to spec size (same as factory) at a sign shop in my area.. A lot of those kinds of places have catalogs of logos.. if they don't have it then they can get it off the internet... these are made from the same material that they use for things people put on cars to advertise so they are weather friendly.. I do have a couple of extra ones just in the event one of the letters would get scuffed, peel, etc.. I mean anything could happen... I've only had them on for a few days but they appear to be fine thus far.

Last edited:

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
The red 996 can go for anywhere from a low of $30,000 to about $40,000 depending on mileage and condition.

The white 964 are anywhere from $17,000 to about highly priced of $24,000

Believe it or not but the RS-Americas (964) that are similar to the white body style but have a whaletail and weight savings still demand $30,000 with high mileage to $40,000 in decent shape..

:beer:

Yep.. he's right.. mine was in the $30's.. I got a deal... had about 77K miles on it... Now the lower mile ones and a few years newer can creep up to high 30's or low to mid 40's depending on the condition..... When you start looking at turbos then that's a whole different ball game... 01-03 models i've looked at range high 40's to low 50's or so all day long with average miles... I'm gonna wait a few years and hopefully upgrade to one when they come down a bit more.

Last edited:

03-SilverSnake

Established Member
Nice car Jason. Wheels go perfect with the car. So what ever happened to that guy that tried to scam you?

Hey man how's it going !!?? Thanks for the props... I came sooo close to buying an 03 z06.. it was a very nice car but the more I thought about it, the gas thought kinda changed my mind... I'd still like to own one someday... I've always wanted a 911 and a good deal came along kinda unexpected so I jumped on it... as for the scam, nothing has happened with it that I'm aware of... I did forward all the info to the FBI but whether they've done anything with it or not I don't know... I did talk to a woman at the FBI office and she said these sorts of scams are so common it's ridiculous....... Again, I really appreciate your help on that as i'm sure the other gentleman whose account was hacked does too !!

Users who are viewing this thread