New shoes on the lightning

FrenchyZ

Established Member
So I did my wheels today and they came out great! I used plastidip until I get 4 new tires and will be doing my wheels gloss black powder coated. Here are some pics...

bymuduva.jpg

zadume6e.jpg

qy2a7u7a.jpg

humatypy.jpg

benurede.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

SVT Phillip

BAD-MPG
Established Member
Looks good.. My rims are plasti dipped as well an have been for about 2 years..

Dip ur emblems and return the gas door back to silver and it will look much better..

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Some will hate the black look, but i like it. That's probably why mine are satin black.

FrenchyZ

Established Member
Looks good.. My rims are plasti dipped as well an have been for about 2 years..

Dip ur emblems and return the gas door back to silver and it will look much better..

The fuel door is billet aluminum polished.. That's why I dipped it. It came with the truck like that.

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
Some do and some don't. I don't, but that being said, I hope YOU like it, it is your truck after all. You will never get 100% agreement on anything in the forums.

BTW, next time you do a beauty shot, lose that fugly ball hitch, whew that hurt my eyes.

FrenchyZ

Established Member
Some do and some don't. I don't, but that being said, I hope YOU like it, it is your truck after all. You will never get 100% agreement on anything in the forums.

BTW, next time you do a beauty shot, lose that fugly ball hitch, whew that hurt my eyes.

Sorry I tow on regular basis that's why.

Jroc

Established Member
Never been a fan of black rims. Look like spares from afar.

Agreed.

Coating OEM rims black looks like something a Honda driver would do. It looks more like you're trying to mod something to make it look modded as opposed to actually improving on it's appearance. I also typically find a dropped L sitting on 18's to be unattractive hence it's one of several reasons I keep my trucks stock ride height.

Some pull it off, but most don't. SVT Phillips truck is one of the few I can think of that I actually think looks good with black wheels, but he has a nice stance, and I believe he's rocking 20" replica's.

As others have said though it's your truck so you should mod it how you like.

SVT Phillip

BAD-MPG
Established Member
Agreed.

Coating OEM rims black looks like something a Honda driver would do. It looks more like you're trying to mod something to make it look modded as opposed to actually improving on it's appearance. I also typically find a dropped L sitting on 18's to be unattractive hence it's one of several reasons I keep my trucks stock ride height.

Some pull it off, but most don't. SVT Phillips truck is one of the few I can think of that I actually think looks good with black wheels, but he has a nice stance, and I believe he's rocking 20" replica's.

As others have said though it's your truck so you should mod it how you like.

Mine are just the 18's.. But I'm looking for 99-00 20's but having no luck so ill prolly end up going 01-02 20's..

FrenchyZ

Established Member
This is what it looked liked when I bought it. I changed a few things around that honestly to me makes a big difference.

tusamata.jpg

3equzesy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread