New shoes....

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
car looks great OP.
i would have done 275 on the front and 305 on the rear. 255 is definitely a stretch for a 10" wide wheel. you can also change the rears to 11" later if you want to for a few hundy. then you can go with even wider than 305 if you want. you can also redo the centers in black for a few hundy as well.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Dont you threaten me with a good time Steve!! :)

I wanted to go with a a wider front tire but didnt want it to be shorter. A 275/40 would be shorter, although not much. I probably should have gone that direction. Live and learn.

Good info on the wider wheels.... i'll likely go that direction eventually.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I think the only thing I'd change is not to have the lips black. It makes the rims seem smaller than they really are. Otherwise, it looks great!

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
987.gif

fitforspeed

Established Member
I think they look good man, something a little different than u typically seen on the Shelby. I think a diff set of tires would Improve the personality of those wheels even more. Thinking some 275/40/18's up front and 305/35/18 rear in my favorite flavor Toyo R888's. Yeah that's it!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Car looks great! Can't wait to see where it ends up power wise.

I can't either. I'll take the usual path at first... tune, pulley, and intake for ~530-550 at the tire. Hopefully next week.

Then this winter she'll get a discounted tvs (with hopes that the upcoming 2.6 drives prices down) OR she'll get a whipple 2.9.

I have to admit stock, it's a little underwhelming lol.

I think they look good man, something a little different than u typically seen on the Shelby. I think a diff set of tires would Improve the personality of those wheels even more. Thinking some 275/40/18's up front and 305/35/18 rear in my favorite flavor Toyo R888's. Yeah that's it!

Thank you and I agree on the tire size comments!

Users who are viewing this thread