New stereo

masalacobra

01 Cobra
Established Member
I've been on and off trying to figure out if I want a nice in-dash touch screen stereo/GPS units. I was wondering if any of you guys out there have a new system in their ride and are impressed with the way it works.

I've played around with a few touch screen systems but can't make my mind up on which is fast, can pan when in the map mode, and works like a champ. I did come across one that wouldn't let me pan which if it was mine would have pissed me off! Anyways figured this is the best place to ask. Maybe even some pictures if it's available?

Last edited:

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Do they make anything that has an indash 6 cd changer like the stock one. More importantly one that doesnt go nuts when you try to eject cds.

quikcobra

Established Member
i have a flip up, but now removed. but i go tthe 7.2" flip-up, from xo vison and the separate dvd,cd player, since we have 2 places. i mounted the flip up on the top, and the changer under that.
as far as 6 disk changers, ect.. i just got a tv tunner and mounted it under the pass. seat.
i run 1 kicker solobaric 15" l7 flush mounted where the sppare was. very clean and functional.

i have pictures if your interested in seeing how the flip up looks. just pm me with a email, i cant post pictures for some reason. but the xo vision worked great, but like all of the flip up's. after a while the gears give out.

masalacobra

01 Cobra
Established Member
The XO visions.... do those come with GPS? And as far as durability... will they last? I don't want to go completely cheap and have it go crap on me after few yrs. And on the cd changer, i think it's kinda annoying really. The stock one doesn't work at times and says ERROR. I push and hold the eject button always to reset it. I'd love to just get a single slot.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I almost went with a touch screen flip up when I picked up my system. Then I realized that the way I drive, I don't need to be playing with my deck, lol. So, I just went with a nice Pioneed 690UI, Reference componants in the front and Reference 5x7's in the rear. Although, the touch screen would have been funner now that I look back.

masalacobra

01 Cobra
Established Member
Ha! That would suck big time. You're right on not playing with the deck while driving just..........I get lost ALOT. Google, yahoo, and map quest need to be mobile for me. It's not where I go it's the places I've never been to.........then try to find out where I am going that pisses me off. A GPS would be rather nice plus the whole traffic bull that I face almost everyday, would be nice to push one button that reads, "ALT ROUTE."

Guess imma do me some researchin' yay

Thanks for the input

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread