new stuff?

reason4treason

Established Member
"....quieter exhaust and more comfortable..........."

Surprised not not hear the word Temperpedic anywhere in there.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Brake upgrade??? It's got 15" Brembo brakes how much more of an upgrade will it need??

Suspecting that test example may have a brake issue. The press cars were thrashed on Road Atlanta driven by less than pro drivers and there was never any talk of brake issues out of the cars from any automotive person driving them. They had no cooldown or easy laps on them.

I could see cooling ducts would be a good idea + a change of brake fluid and/or pad material (for track use) but the brakes should be plenty for that car.

Tony

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
upgraded hi-temp brake fluid, and new lines would help the GT500 a lot.

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
best comment:

Mustang: Better power, Better handling, Better Balance, Better Steering

Camaro: Better Brakes

Winner: Camaro????

what the hell the english guy said the Camaro has better seats????? The GT500 has recaros that look and feel way better.........

Probst:
Mustang puts power down better than camaro.
Bland facial expressions in the ZL1.
Always smiling and having an awesome time in the GT500.

Last edited:

BossAnaki

Established Member
Brake upgrade??? It's got 15" Brembo brakes how much more of an upgrade will it need??

Suspecting that test example may have a brake issue. The press cars were thrashed on Road Atlanta driven by less than pro drivers and there was never any talk of brake issues out of the cars from any automotive person driving them. They had no cooldown or easy laps on them.

I could see cooling ducts would be a good idea + a change of brake fluid and/or pad material (for track use) but the brakes should be plenty for that car.

Tony

I suspect that since this is a media car, that after all the beatings it has seen it's over due for break service. This could be the reason for the poor performance with the breaking.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
best comment:

Mustang: Better power, Better handling, Better Balance, Better Steering

Camaro: Better Brakes

Winner: Camaro????

what the hell the english guy said the Camaro has better seats????? The GT500 has recaros that look and feel way better.........

Probst:
Mustang puts power down better than camaro.
Bland facial expressions in the ZL1.
Always smiling and having an awesome time in the GT500.

this is what makes no sense....the driver obviously prefers one and they pick the other...with subjective claims...epic :dw:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
after watching the video again, the GT500 is very composed and stupid fast (sounds way better too)....according to Van a simple brake fluid change made a huge difference...easy fix....I still prefer the "less comfortable" car....:shrug:

reason4treason

Established Member
I know that LS has a bunch of tight turns, but Pobst seems like he has a very different overall tone here than he did in the Ignition Vid. Hard to put it into words, but he almost seems a bit irritated about something.

when just reading the comparative times posted by each in the 1/4 there's obviously a very notable difference, but seeing the difference leaves a much bigger impression IMO.

that's a bit of a jolt to watch happen. if I was in the other camp, track argument or not, witnessing a landslide defeat like that would be seriously depressing. what a drag!

Last edited:

jtfx6552

Established Member
When Randy talks after the track, it seems he didn't get the memo that the ZL1 was supposed to win, the other guy pulls him back with "the Camaro was more consistent..."

I wonder what was wrong with the brakes on the test GT500?

Users who are viewing this thread