New SVT Owner...

Gun5

Established Member
You should enter it into shows. It's super clean and has the color and features that will turn heads.

I would but who would drive the other cars to the show?

298112683_1013080097_0-1.jpg

DSCI0205.jpg

DSCI0207.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

Gun5

Established Member
can someone guess the exhaust by the tip? looks like magnaflow to me... they said its stainless so i assume its a catback :beer:

93ReefNotch

Established Member
i love how it said 2.0L Duratec engine and there's a Duratec 2.0L decal over the powered by SVT emblem on the spark plug cover. please remove the duratec ST decal from the spark plug cover. it just wrong. SVTF is a Zetec engine. Duratec replace the Zetec in late 04 on non SVTF models. just look at my sig you can see my spark plug cover and what it should say

The Duratec ST decal from the spark plug cover is not wrong. It came on the ST170 which is the equivalent of the SVT Focus overseas.

FociSVT03

Established Member
Well there was an ST but it was the same motor as the svt the new ST Duratecs are 5 bangers with a turbo and some serious hps.
I'm not here to hate on your car it looks really clean but the kinda person that puts lambo doors on a focus also puts a sicker on the spark plug cover to try to "look" cool.
Lambo doors belong on lambos
But you did get a great deal

FociSVT03

Established Member
Ok after a little research I feel like an idiot the st170 did have that motor that said duratec! I even kinda want one now. And it looks exacly like the svt motor.
Lambo doors are still lame! lol

Gun5

Established Member
Ok after a little research I feel like an idiot the st170 did have that motor that said duratec! I even kinda want one now. And it looks exacly like the svt motor.
Lambo doors are still lame! lol

lame but will still be fly as hell i dont even know if im gonna like them but i doubt it will be worth it to put it back to stock the car is just so clean though.., and if someone wants to point out im a ricer or something i can gladly refer them to my camaro or the vette

FociSVT03

Established Member
Nah man I'm not into that labeling thing and as I stated before the car is very clean and no it deff would not be smart too. sorry I guess its hard to express sarcasim on here! No need to get defensive and bring out the big guns! I wish I had three cars! I only have one focus but no lambo doors! < Sarcastic humor!

Gun5

Established Member
Nah man I'm not into that labeling thing and as I stated before the car is very clean and no it deff would not be smart too. sorry I guess its hard to express sarcasim on here! No need to get defensive and bring out the big guns! I wish I had three cars! I only have one focus but no lambo doors! < Sarcastic humor!

its all good lol, only 1 is mine other is fathers but once its paid off im gonna buy it from him for around 20 probably ;-)

CaysE

SVT Focus Guru
Established Member
I can clarify the "DuratecST" thing for you... it's not a sticker at all, it's a badge on the spark plug cover, just like the SVT's badge.

In Europe, there are a lot more Zetec options than we have here, including 1.6L, 1.8L and 2.0L versions, and a host of diesel versions. Since the ST170 (Europe's version of the SVT... same engine and trans) and the RS are both technically still 2.0L Zetecs, they created package names for each motor to differentiate them from the standard 2.0L. The ST170's motor got the name "DuratecST" and the RS motor got the name "DuratecRS." They aren't the names of the motors themselves, just the names given to the package of upgrades.

Basically, you have an EDM part on your car. hehehe

Gun5

Established Member
I can clarify the "DuratecST" thing for you... it's not a sticker at all, it's a badge on the spark plug cover, just like the SVT's badge.

In Europe, there are a lot more Zetec options than we have here, including 1.6L, 1.8L and 2.0L versions, and a host of diesel versions. Since the ST170 (Europe's version of the SVT... same engine and trans) and the RS are both technically still 2.0L Zetecs, they created package names for each motor to differentiate them from the standard 2.0L. The ST170's motor got the name "DuratecST" and the RS motor got the name "DuratecRS." They aren't the names of the motors themselves, just the names given to the package of upgrades.

Basically, you have an EDM part on your car. hehehe

oh well right? ill just leave it the only thing I plan on doing to the car is maintaining it as my daily.. i just dropped 4-5k on mods on that Z28...... on a side note what could i sell it for probably if I had to get out of it? i see dealers down here in the 300 mile range from my house selling 50k-70k mile cars for 8.5k-11k

310825065_1058821439_0.jpg

310824907_1058820916_0.jpg

CaysE

SVT Focus Guru
Established Member
That price range sounds about right.

If I had an F-body that was actually fast, I wouldn't be modding the SVT, either. Unfortunately all I've ever had are 305 thirdgens. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread