new tall gripper knob from MGW to help reach and shift effort!!!!

MGW

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i have taken the first step in trying to help those with reach and shift issues with their cobras by offering a new taller gripper knob. it works with our shifter obviously but will also work with any setup using the stock threads. it still maintains the same great looks and feel of our standard gripper just an inch taller.

here are some pics...

tallgripper1.jpg

tallgripper2.jpg

oh and i know a bunch of you guys are going in on a group buy for the f'in fast knobs but i just wanted to let you guys know that we can do those on our grippers and race knobs for no extra cost.

if you want a tall gripper you can call in your order anytime. the price is 5 dollars more than our normal grippers and race knobs.

regards
george

Hye

Established Member
this along with your new orange shifter handle will really help my right arm from stretching itself out more than it already has, stupid ford ergonomics. i'll call you guys soon.

Termin8r27

Established Member
I need a new knob to go along with my new MGW shifter.

What is the size of the standard gripper knob? What's the size of the stock Cobra knob? -- Trying to decide on if I need the taller knob.

Thanks & awesome work as always MGW! :beer:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
George,
Did I understand you correctly, you can do the F'in fast on your grippers. If so, Standing by to order........

MG01SVT

citius, fortius
Established Member
03snake said:
George,
Did I understand you correctly, you can do the F'in fast on your grippers. If so, Standing by to order........

Yes, they can. That's the one I ordered.

Aaron

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Nice. I love your gripper shifter knob. It's comfortable and stays in place. I don't need this taller one but can see it will be a help for guys with shorter arms or guys that like the knob up higher. Another great product from MGW. :beer:

Hye

Established Member
does this shifter knob cutt down on vibrations/noise compared to the stock oem one? It looks really beefy with tons of metal, i wonder if it transmits less vibrations than the stock one...?

spinscan

Established Member
Hye06 said:
does this shifter knob cutt down on vibrations/noise compared to the stock oem one? It looks really beefy with tons of metal, i wonder if it transmits less vibrations than the stock one...?

I have one of the short ones with the MGW shifter and it feels great. I don't notice any vibration. It is very solid.

mags

Cobra Ink
Established Member
I have the shorter one. It is the perfect height. i'M 6'0 tall and found the original shifter knob to low and far away.(not to mention no grip for hard shifts.) I personally think the taller one would be to high up and look out of place.

MG01SVT

citius, fortius
Established Member
Got my tall gripper knob today George. Nice work. Decided to get the F**kin Fast knob for fun. LOL makes me chuckle everytime I look at it. Obviously, the whole word is spelled out on the knob, but I wanted to keep the post legal.

Threw it on the car real quick and it makes an amazing difference. Shift effort is greatly reduced. Home Run George.

Oh and thanks for the springs ;-)

Aaron

42150.jpg

GodStang

Established Member
We are going to MGW to get my Shifter tomorrow morning. I am psyced. I will give it a few weeks test drive and then look into one of these knobs.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Would be sweet to get your race knob (With fin fast&shifter). Been looking for a used one for some time now but they sell in mins some times. Hard to find. But does the lettering have to be black&white? Would like it to look more towrds your 6speed racing version and not the one pictured above. Not saying the above one looks bad though.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I love my MGW shifter and gripper knob and wouldnt trade it for the world! I am plenty tall for the car and have no problems but I am sure some would enjoy the slightly taller setup.

Great stuff from MGW!

Termin8r27

Established Member
Termin8r27 said:
I need a new knob to go along with my new MGW shifter.

What is the size of the standard gripper knob? What's the size of the stock Cobra knob? -- Trying to decide on if I need the taller knob.

Thanks & awesome work as always MGW! :beer:

Does anyone have the answer to the above? Is the standard gripper about the same size as the stock knob or what?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread