New Teksid Shortblock Pic.....

js3324

Established Member
I smell a ton of Supras being served...badly

3300'ish pounds of 1000+ horsepower fire breathing, tire smoking, screaming beast...you sir, are a very lucky man.
That motor is beautiful...(again)

25 - is that all you have paid for everything so far? Not a bad deal in my book. (On motor+ turbo set up atleast because that is quite a lengthy list of nice parts there)

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Yeah, I think the 88mm Supras might have some problems on their hands. Especially since this combo will spool much quicker, the chances of them coming back around me will be pretty slim. I've spent about $22k so far I think. Luckily I had about $12k worth of parts and pieces to sell from the old combo and my old fox body, that helped a TON. I put all that money into this project.

NinetySixSVT

PacoTaco Defeater
Established Member
Yes, Supra's will have a hard time keeping up with you.

I'm running twin 50mm turbo's and I have a hard time running into ANYTHING that can stay within site of me. I might upgrade to 57mm's here soon, cause just south of 600 rwhp is starting to feel slow :banana:

Also being 31xx pounds is sweet. Nice to see another turbo cobra. We kick ass.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
04torchred said:
How is the car coming along? I am interested in seeing what a fully built twin 67mm cobra is going to put down.
It's coming along very well. The engine is in and the turbo system is all bolted on. Just tons of odds and ends like to finish like the fuel system, dis-4's, welding the torque boxes and subframes connectors, etc etc etc. The car is on schedule to be done in 3-4 weeks. I'll hopefully have some updated pics this week. If you are going to WFC, swing by the Turbo Horsepower booth, it should be there :beer:

04torchred

Established Member
badcobra said:
It's coming along very well. The engine is in and the turbo system is all bolted on. Just tons of odds and ends like to finish like the fuel system, dis-4's, welding the torque boxes and subframes connectors, etc etc etc. The car is on schedule to be done in 3-4 weeks. I'll hopefully have some updated pics this week. If you are going to WFC, swing by the Turbo Horsepower booth, it should be there :beer:

Where is WFC at? Might be a long ass hike for me!! In all honesty do you think a guy with a stock motor should even think about getting a THP twin 61mm kit or get a Whipple? I could run the turbos at 12-15psi until I got the motor built, just get a return style system installed. I got a year until I graduate to decide just don't wanna waste money on a twin screw if I can get away with turbos for a bit.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
04torchred said:
Where is WFC at? Might be a long ass hike for me!! In all honesty do you think a guy with a stock motor should even think about getting a THP twin 61mm kit or get a Whipple? I could run the turbos at 12-15psi until I got the motor built, just get a return style system installed. I got a year until I graduate to decide just don't wanna waste money on a twin screw if I can get away with turbos for a bit.
WFC is in St Louis, about 18-20hr drive for you. I think you should just go with the Whipple. Going turbo requires a significant investment and someone who is just graduating isn't going to have the funds to do it right. Unless you have rich parents that are paying for it of course. You can make some damn good power with a Whipple and a small shot.

04torchred

Established Member
badcobra said:
WFC is in St Louis, about 18-20hr drive for you. I think you should just go with the Whipple. Going turbo requires a significant investment and someone who is just graduating isn't going to have the funds to do it right. Unless you have rich parents that are paying for it of course. You can make some damn good power with a Whipple and a small shot.

Thanks that is what I was kinda figuring. Why get turbos and limit myself to only 12-15psi. Plus more then likely the motor will go and need to be replaced ASAP(so 10K for a motor and 10K for turbos + x-amount of K for misc. = too much right now). Getting a Whipple should allow me to get the fuel system setup, suspension, and driveline to handle the extra power. Good luck with your build, sucks all the fast cobras are so damn far away from me. Hell I haven't even rode in a twinscrew Cobra yet.

Last edited:

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Sounds like it's progessing nicely! Glad it's going smooth for you. Get that beast running soon!! I can't wait for my Teksid block to be built.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
RAZRS EDGE said:
Sounds like it's progessing nicely! Glad it's going smooth for you. Get that beast running soon!! I can't wait for my Teksid block to be built.
Thanks! Should be running by the end of week, and on the dyno next week. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread