New Terminator Owner - Basic Questions

jershelb

Established Member
Hello all,

I just purchased my 03 hard top about a month ago, and so far it has been the best move I have made in a LOOOONG time (next to losing my virginity).
I bought the car modified from a great friend of mine, who was the only owner. I am somewhat familiar with the aftermarket and general knowlege with these cars, but I have plenty of research and learning to do. Here is a list of mods:
Stage 4 blower, TB, and plenum port by Steig
2.8 Upper
Motoblue tensioner and Idlers
LFP HE
LFP H/E Reservoir
Diablo MAFia
KB BAP
K&N Filter and some no name heatshield
Bassani (sp?) Xpipe and Cats
Magnaflow Catback
Diablo Predator tune
Steeda Triax (sp?)
Steeda clutch quadrant
BF IRS Cover (The only mod I have made to it so far)

I took the car to Total Performance in Evansville IN about 2 weeks ago for a Dyno pull and an idea of where my arf was standing. It made 512rwhp and 480rwtrq with an afr of 11.8:1 between 3k-6k rpms.

On to the main point of my post... What would you all recommend me keep an eye on as far as regular maintenance and upkeep of this vehicle? I have read and familiarized myself with basic maintenance, such as changing the oil components, fuel filter, plugs, dif fluid, trans fluid, etc...
What else?

(Yes, the search button was my friend, but I just couldn't find the answers I was looking for)

Thanks in advance, and this forums freakin' rocks... :rockon:

-Jeremy

RRRR03Cobra

Anti-venom is Useless!
Established Member
I change my plugs every 20,000 miles. I change my oil every 3000-4000 miles with Mobil 1 fully synthetic 5W-30. Keep a check on the rear end, both of my cobras have leaked! I also clean my K&N filter every 20,000 miles too. Keep a check on your brake pads if you visit the track often. Congrats on your ride, sounds awesome!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would personally clean the air filter (or replace it) every 12K miles or once a year. I always changed the oil/filter every 2,500 - 3,000 miles. Plugs were changed once a year, which might be overkill but since they are cheap and easy to replace, why not.

muhtalicbloo

Established Member
i don't have a cobra but as bob stated i would definately change oil around the 3000 mile mark and also clean the air filter every year or get a new one....but then again it depends on how much you drive it....also i give my car a once over every month i drive it to make sure all joints are greased and in good order and to make sure i don't have any leaks or anything....but since my car is damn near 40 years old it's need more so than a 3 year old car lol

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Yeah...and get a 4lb lower with a new tune and you will be set :beer:

jershelb

Established Member
Steel Horse said:
Change my mobil 1 ever 3500, clean k&n every 10k, basically same as was posted above. Where in KY are you located?
I am in Paducah KY. Where are you?

Thank you guys VERY much for your replies! I also meant to mention that this car is my daily driver (20+ miles a day) and currently has 23,000 miles on the clock. It is amazing, coming from the BMW tuning world, how much friendlier and down to earth all of the Ford/Cobra guys are here.

It sounds like I have all of my bases covered. I just changed my oil tonight using Mobile 1 5w20 full syn. I also pulled my plugs to check their condition, and boy did I find quite a surprise... I have never seen plugs like these before. They are made by Brisk, and have four of the strangest looking 'prongs' I have ever seen, if you can even call them that. I checked the porcelain for any silver specs or abnormal markings from detonation, and they were clean as a whistle (Damn its easy to get to those plugs).

I didn't check the condition of the air filter, but I will do that tomorrow. Also, a quick BAP question: Mine is set to 10, is that fairly normal? Also, are our fuel filters located in the tank?
Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread