New times w/ '01 Cobra after Borla Catback!

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Ok guys... you have seen the previous graphs and such... well Fri Night I took her to the track...

Car went 13.57 @ 104.38, then 13.47 @ 104.27 (didn't cool her down... 10mins inbetween those two runs).

Then... I figured... ok... based on my 60's and ET's... Best she was going to do on a perfcect run was going to be about 13.40...

So since my dyno graphs showed detonation... I decided to try adding 100 Octane to the 2 1/2 Gallons (or so) of 91 Octane that was in there...

To try and get me to about 95 Octane... I added 1.5 Gallons of 100...

1st pass was an immediate improvement, ,2nd pass it was only making more power! You can see by the timeslips below I am really really thrilled with her!!!

Mods to the car are Holley Air Filter, and a Borla Cat Back, and Denso Iridium Plugs.

That is it!!!

CobraSlip2.JPG

Peace,

PS... I will try to get back to the dyno with 100 octane in the tank... and see if it fixes the jaggednes up high....

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Nice times!!!

welcome to the board

WHat the heck happened to your slips??? Looks like you spilled a lil drinky on them...... must have been all that celebrating!!

-Zach

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
heheh... I know... they really don't look that bad in person... the scanner just glorified that stuff I think! ;)

Peace,

Dave

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
Dave
Nice runs, keep up the good work. Sometimes a scanner can pic up things you can't see like the oils and persperation from our hands.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
Nice times!!!

welcome to the board

WHat the heck happened to your slips??? Looks like you spilled a lil drinky on them...... must have been all that celebrating!!

-Zach

thought he DIDN'T like them, used them in place of charmin.....

Users who are viewing this thread