New tires needed

Fran

Established Member
Looking to get new stock sized tires. No drag racing, autocrossing, smoky burnouts. Mostly highway driving, occasional tire spinning. I am thinking about general exclaim uhp, kumho ecsta, sumitomo. Money is tight right now so any input as to what is good and what is not would be appreciated.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Stock replacement size Nitto 555's are $138 each near me, and that is what I used on my fronts. I would not put the Sumicrappo on the car.

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
Im running sumitomos and to be honest they suck bro they wanna spin all day long I hate them. I personally would recomend paying 70 extra bucks and getting a tire that will actually hook. Im thinking of maybe 315 hoosier dr's

Fran

Established Member
For the people that dont like them, are you talking about the HTRZ111's? I have heard so-so things about other Sumitomos, but nothing about the 3's. Thanks for the feedback, it really helps make a decision. Any input on the General exclaim UHP's?

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I think you would be loonybins to put teh Sumi's on your car. If money is an issue, I would steer towards teh Nitto 555 street tires, or the Kumho MX's. The Sumi's have gotten HORRIBLE reviews. I had the MX's for a year on my DD in Florida rain and they did quite well until I modded the car.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Tires..

I had the same issue and bought the Nitto 555's. So far so good, and they hook much better than the F1's. Disc. Tire Direct has them, I paid $ 140.00 each locally. A good choice....

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I have been running the Sumitomo HTRZIIs and they are an OK tire, till you factor the price, then they are an amazing deal.

They hooked better than the stock Goodyears did, though they did prefer to be warmed.(what tires don't?)

The Sumitomo HTRZ35s I did not like, they did not hook very well, but that's what they had in 315. I don't recommend those.

The HTRZIII is a fairly new tire, I doubt too many if any people on here have tryed them or even heard of them.

The HTRZIII has a 300 wear rating, the HTRZII has a 220 rating so they will wear out quicker than the IIIs, but will hook better.

I would not be afraid of these two versions from Sumitomo.

Users who are viewing this thread