New tires: NT555 vs Motivo

WireMesh

Established Member
I am in need of new tires and my plan was to get the NT555's, but I saw the Motivos and on Nitto's website they last longer and have a better dry traction rating than the NT555's. I was wonder what people's opinions of them are around here as I could not find any info.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Is your car a dd? How much power are you running? are you just looking for a tire that will last long?

04oxfordvert

Established Member
^+1. I run 555r's on my car and love them. But not a dd and doesn't see rain. Before the kb went on they made a huge diff. Almost eliminated wheel hop. Great tire IMO.

WireMesh

Established Member
Is your car a dd? How much power are you running? are you just looking for a tire that will last long?

It's my DD. I take it to autox about once every few months. I am not willing to get the extremely bad tread life of the 555r... The car is also pretty close to stock. It's basically between the NT555 and the Motivo: which will hook better?

Last edited:

Pantera1

Established Member
I run the 555's my car is pretty stock and is my dd. I do still have a little wheel hop, overall I have to say I like them though

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
OP, I'd go Nitto Invo's over either of your choices. Vette owners rave about them and I love them on the front of my Cobra.

I have Nitto Invos. If you have anything but stock power. You will blow past first gear and some of second if not all of second. Invos are a good all around street tire that will last, but not for off the line races, just rolls. Cornering is pretty good.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I had 2 sets of NEW 275/40/17 Nitto 555 regular radials in the rear on mine, BOTH lasted less than 10K miles with NO burnouts etc.. I am NOT a fan of those.. Kumho makes a nice DD radial at a decent price

03redfirevert.

coyote eater
Established Member
I have 12000 miles on mine with an acceptable amount of tread depth left.

I just looked at that and it seems to be like the racing variants of the nitto tires. I need a street radial. I don't want my tires to wear out extremely fast.

racecougar

MN12 parts guy
Established Member
I had 2 sets of NEW 275/40/17 Nitto 555 regular radials in the rear on mine, BOTH lasted less than 10K miles with NO burnouts etc.. I am NOT a fan of those.. Kumho makes a nice DD radial at a decent price

Something isn't right. I run the NT555's on my GT, and I'm about to reach 40k miles on the rears (275/40R17 NT555). As you can see, they've still got a long way to go before they hit the wear indicators.

37k1.jpg

37k2.jpg

I only manage to get ~9k miles out of the NT450's on the rear of my 4V car (275/50R17's and IRS 8.8"), but that's directly attributable to the operator's faulty right foot. :rolling:

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
I have Nitto Invos. If you have anything but stock power. You will blow past first gear and some of second if not all of second. Invos are a good all around street tire that will last, but not for off the line races, just rolls. Cornering is pretty good.

The 2 choices the OP is considering are also "all around street tires." That was the point of me recommending Invo's.

Users who are viewing this thread