New to GT500

Prodigy603

Established Member
Made the announcement on the general forum...and then found this one!

After being a dedicated C5 & C6 owner for years, I took the plunge on New Years Day and bought a Red 2011 Shelby GT500 Vert.

I am ecstatic to join the dark side, and can't wait until Spring to get some real enjoyment out of this beast! (sorry for the Dealer pic, that's all I have for now)

0001093803.jpg

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Nice choice bro! Your gonna love it, it's the best Mustang yet in all respects. Are you a mod'er or will she be remaining stock?

Prodigy603

Established Member
Nice choice bro! Your gonna love it, it's the best Mustang yet in all respects. Are you a mod'er or will she be remaining stock?

Time will tell, but probably nothing major while under warranty...lol, I bought a GT500 so I wouldn't NEED to MOD as much...though I know there is always room for improvement.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
LOL, your gonna get bit, just give it some time and you'll get the mod bug and it'll be all down hill....

BigDan

Established Member
I bought a GT500 so I wouldn't NEED to MOD as much...

LOL you bought the most mod worthy car on the market today. It's fully forged and can hand handle double the boost stock. Extra 100hp is only $120 pulley, how can anyone resist.

Congrats and nice car.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I assume you haven't got to drive it much yet. Winters in Chicago and those Goodyear tires don't mix. Be careful in temperatures below 40* and if there is any snow on the way don't drive it!

tonyd1

tonyd1
new 2011 gt500

Hi guys, new guy here. love the car with all the extras( nav,performance pkg). I have a question where is the sticker on the rear end that says I have 3.73 gears..The rear end cover has cooling fins in it so I don't see the sticker.thanks:banana:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
If it's an SVTPP car, it comes with 3.73's. If it's a standard 500, it's got 3.55's. I doubt you'd find a sticker, usually there is a metal tag (like a dog tag almost) that has the rear information stamped on it. That's usually bolted onto the housing with one of the diff cover bolts.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Welcome to the site and congrats on the new car. Heard about you trading in your 08 vette for it on another site...lol

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I doubt you'd find a sticker, usually there is a metal tag (like a dog tag almost) that has the rear information stamped on it. That's usually bolted onto the housing with one of the diff cover bolts.

Actually, Ford has been using stickers for some time now. That said, I've yet to find anything to denote the ratio on the '11 (finned cover) cars.

The '10 and earlier S197 cars should look something like this (from a KR rear, hence the 3.73's)

ry%3D480

Red10thcv

Established Member
Welcome To The Snake Pit.

Shelby GT500, red:coolman:convertible, black top, white stripes = Sex on Wheels.
You'll love going :bowdown:topless in the warmer weather.:burnout:

Prodigy603

Established Member
I assume you haven't got to drive it much yet. Winters in Chicago and those Goodyear tires don't mix. Be careful in temperatures below 40* and if there is any snow on the way don't drive it!

No not much at all, and thank you for the advice. I picked up on that quickly. When I test drove it, they rode it off the showroom floor (and the tires were warm).

In the time it took to finalize the deal, I had to really watch it on the way home (temps in the low 20's). It's drivable on dry / cold pavement, but you gotta behave. I can not even fathom driving it with the word "snow" even in the forecast.

Prodigy603

Established Member
LOL you bought the most mod worthy car on the market today. It's fully forged and can hand handle double the boost stock. Extra 100hp is only $120 pulley, how can anyone resist.

Congrats and nice car.

$120, eh? That's sick. Yeah, I guess when I get bored with 550hp, I'll probably mod it, and with low hanging fruit like that it will be hard to pass up.

Early on, I can remember spending $500 for simple stuff like a Cold Air Intake for my Vette just to squeeze 10-15hp out of it. The problem with the C6, most of those were tune to the max straight from the factory, it was difficult to do any simple bolt ons and get any documented results.

...so while we're on the subject, where would I find one of these pulley's? I'm not ready to tear in yet, but will be good to know where to get one as I know very little about good vendors for the Mustang Vendors.

Users who are viewing this thread