New to Houston

luv2spedup

Established Member
I just moved to Houston from NY, and i am wondering if there is a place where fellow Shelby owners or car guys meet during the week or weekends. I have heard of cars and coffee, but want to know if there is a meet that is more frequent in nature then just once a month.

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Which part of Houston are you in?

There is a Fri meet up in Pearland at the Lowes on Pearland Parkway and 518. Starts 6 pm

Every Sat in Kemah there is a meet up at the Chick-Fil-A.. 321 Marina Bay Dr Time is 6-10

I'm not sure what else is out there. I know there are more but those are the 2 I usually hit.

Welcome to Texas!!!

The Houston Shelby group has a Hill Country Drive coming at the end of the month!!
You should come out, our drives are fun.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-HSO-Houston-Shelby-Owners-Hill-Country-Drive

Most of us interact on the other site:
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65578

We have a crawfish boil coming in June, you don't have to eat them!! Grill should be on, beer, pool....
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69105

Few of us headed to Plano in June for an All Shelby Show at Legacy Bank.
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54282

jbrown7815

FNG
Established Member
I don't know crap about local meets but I know there is a MASSIVE car scene overall there... should be fun times

Seems like a lot of the fastest 1/2 mile and mile cars come from there

lubrizolsfin3st

Established Member
Welcome and u by far live in the best state EVER! Like mentioned before what part of town. If you never been to Austin or hill country you might not come back to Houston after that Hill Country event

08GTCS Stang

I Don't Give a Chainsaw!
Established Member
I'm on the north side of Houston. I'm a member of NMCC (Northside Mustang Car Club). Good group of people and they host their own shows pretty regularly. Every Friday night up on this side a bunch of local Mustangs meet up, usually leads to street racing after the show. That's about all I know of though. Nothing Shelby specific.

Most of the time if I'm looking to have fun in my car, I drive up north through the country on back roads. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to get some other people to tag along.

bFoxGt500

Established Member
I just moved to Houston from NY, and i am wondering if there is a place where fellow Shelby owners or car guys meet during the week or weekends. I have heard of cars and coffee, but want to know if there is a meet that is more frequent in nature then just once a month.
Welcome to Houston and welcome to Texas. Where abouts in NY you coming from (it's my home state). Your car looks great - love the B on B. It looks like one that was for sale in Utica a year ago or so.

impactblue

Established Member

There are Friday meets up in north houston I go too. Just sit around and talk. A lot of people go out and play around but not required haha.

luv2spedup

Established Member
All, Thanks for the warm welcome....
To Answer a few questions, I am originally from Long Island, NY. For now i am living around the energy corridor area by I10.....
Friday night meets around town sounds like a great idea and i would really like to come check them out....
Superfly99, thanks for the helpful links
94CobraPace, when is the Austin Cruise
impactblue and 08GTCS Stang: is there a link to where the meet on the North side is and timings....

brandonflood123

Established Member
welcome to Houston, depending on which side of Houston your in theres a friday night meet every friday starts at 10pm sometimes is located at 1960 and 45 north behind the hooters, if its not there its at 2920 and 45n by a race way gas station also some times meet at the cons on 45. also there is a saturday meet every saturday, its the UPR night meet. location is disclosed and changes by the week so i can't give a direct place for that. 1000 hp cars come out to these. if you look up fire breathing zr1 on youtube its from 1320 video, thats footage from the friday night meet that I'm talking about. if you have instagram add me @brandonflood1234. or any questions pm me on here. or direct message me on instagram if you have it i can get locations for you. the car scene is huge out here.

just did the HPD cruise sunday with maybe 400 plus cars from lambos to gto's you will enjoy it much in houston.

again welcome!

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
If you are off I-10 near Katy I believe there is a meet at 59 Diner (think that's the name) on Sat nights. Or there used to be. Try looking up West Houston Muscle...I think that's right. They are the ones who do that one.

You should definitely check out Coffee N Cars at least once. Get there early though to get a spot with all the Mustangs, or you will be way in the back. Starts filling up about 6 am

Users who are viewing this thread