new to svt performance and my cobra

IGOTTHESNAKE

Established Member
just wanted to say whats up to everyone and introduce myself i recently bought my first cobra last week its a 99 tripple black vert with the recall fix done and saleen knock offs and thats it everything else is bone stock 100 percent virgin down to the stock radio.

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Congrat's

Now go check your oil level, I think its low :D

LOL, this is the truth however! Do an oil change right away and put 7 qts in. You'll soon learn this is a good thing. :banana:

Congrats and welcome, I'm a relatively new '99 owner as well.

IGOTTHESNAKE

Established Member
well i just did a tune up snythetic oil change and k&n oil filter ngk spark plugs and a k&n replacment filter my next mod is to get a catback and a set of 4.30 gears to wake it up and a tuner not sure what one yet
this was a pretty big jump from my last car now dont hate but it was a turbo 99 civic si but i bought a new toyota tundra and sold the civc then i found some idiot who had this cobra and he traded me straight accross for my 04 yamaha r6 with 35,000 mile and since ive had the cobra im hooked for life

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
well i just did a tune up snythetic oil change and k&n oil filter ngk spark plugs and a k&n replacment filter my next mod is to get a catback and a set of 4.30 gears to wake it up and a tuner not sure what one yet
this was a pretty big jump from my last car now dont hate but it was a turbo 99 civic si but i bought a new toyota tundra and sold the civc then i found some idiot who had this cobra and he traded me straight accross for my 04 yamaha r6 with 35,000 mile and since ive had the cobra im hooked for life

you will love having 4.30's on these cars,except for highway driving,lol. I have 4.10's and sometimes I dont like being on the highway. I definitely cant hate on you for having a boosted EM1. Before I got into mustangs,I was a honda guy (LS turbo 94 integra,240 whp @ 12 psi),and they can be fun cars when you put a good sized turbo on them. If I were you,Id go with the SCT x3. :)

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
you will love having 4.30's on these cars,except for highway driving,lol. I have 4.10's and sometimes I dont like being on the highway. I definitely cant hate on you for having a boosted EM1. Before I got into mustangs,I was a honda guy (LS turbo 94 integra,240 whp @ 12 psi),and they can be fun cars when you put a good sized turbo on them. If I were you,Id go with the SCT x3. :)

Not true. RPMs are about 3 grand at 80. You will get optimal gas mileage at 2700-3000 RPMs.

Boostlag

Darth Vader Status
Established Member
Not true. RPMs are about 3 grand at 80. You will get optimal gas mileage at 2700-3000 RPMs.

Go back and read my statement. No where in my statement did I talk about Gas mileage. I have 4.10's,and on the highway, hearing your exhaust screaming at you at 60-70-and 80 MPH(the "Drone" at a higher rpm) is the downside to having a shorter rear gear. Thats what I was explaining to him,not gas mileage/effenciency.

99cob

"New Edger".still pimpin!
Established Member
welcome! congrats man! need to lower the cobra asap too! like un4givn said "pics or ban."

IGOTTHESNAKE

Established Member

IGOTTHESNAKE

Established Member
ok i think i did it right this time ha ha heres the link was takin with my camera phone fo not the greatest quaility
index.cfm

Users who are viewing this thread