New to SVT with an '01 Cobra

MickeyD

Established Member
Just got a 2001 Cobra a month or so back its got a little ove 54K on it now but looks and drives great. This is my first SVT and i love it, so far i have a JLT CAI and a custom tune on it. I have had other Mustangs all 5.0L's and god i love this 4.6 DOHC and how it just keeps pulling. But enough here are some pics i have...

DSCN2144.jpg

DSCN2132.jpg

DSCN2088.jpg

DSCN2081.jpg

Last edited:

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Let me say it before everyone else does... next mods should be some springs to get that thing lowered.

Anyways welcome and congrats on the ride.

MickeyD

Established Member
Thanks for the complements and the headlights are aftermarket, dark smoked lights from americanmuscle. And the next mod is getting it lowered but am waiting till i get the shocks, struts and some IRS bushing and other suspension goodies to do it all at once.

Stephen4036

Established Member
have fun with IRS bushings.. hope you have the know how and bushing toolds to do it!

springs
rims
irs brace

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Thanks for the complements and the headlights are aftermarket, dark smoked lights from americanmuscle. And the next mod is getting it lowered but am waiting till i get the shocks, struts and some IRS bushing and other suspension goodies to do it all at once.

Make sure you get Caster-Camber plates along with X2 BallJoints/Adjustable end links. I think you can pick them both up from Steeda.

This will allow you to correctly adjust your roll center/suspension geometry so the car doesn't drive strange/track weird.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Looks Beautiful and I agree it needs to be lowered. The 4x4 look is a bit too much ;-) Wheels are always nice as well :beer:

Welcome to NE Cobra Group :beer:

MickeyD

Established Member
thanks again for the welcome and cant wait to have it lowered and will be doing the caster camber plates, ball joints and a number of IRS suspension mods, probably going with a lot of Maximum Motorsport parts for this so i know it will be a little expensive but well worth it.

Anyone go with one of their grip packages? And if so did you go with the Street or Race kit, this car will be driven on the road, not going to be a DD and i dont mind a little bit of a harsh ride so im leaning towards the Race kit. Any input?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Let me say it before everyone else does... next mods should be some springs to get that thing lowered.

Anyways welcome and congrats on the ride.
Welcome and +1000 these cars NEED lowering springs, I could fit my head in that gap, hehe!:rockon:|
And just do the springs you don't need all that other suspension stuff now besides some quality CC plates!

Last edited:

03dsgdreams

Established Member
Make sure you get Caster-Camber plates along with X2 BallJoints/Adjustable end links. I think you can pick them both up from Steeda.

This will allow you to correctly adjust your roll center/suspension geometry so the car doesn't drive strange/track weird.

My car rides just fine with my h@R race springs and they are my only suspension mod. I know what you say is true other then the drive strange part, but if your on a budget it doesn't hurt any thing to just throw some springs on there and get an alignment.

Last edited:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
thanks again for the welcome and cant wait to have it lowered and will be doing the caster camber plates, ball joints and a number of IRS suspension mods, probably going with a lot of Maximum Motorsport parts for this so i know it will be a little expensive but well worth it.

Anyone go with one of their grip packages? And if so did you go with the Street or Race kit, this car will be driven on the road, not going to be a DD and i dont mind a little bit of a harsh ride so im leaning towards the Race kit. Any input?

I don't know their package names, but I have their Bilstein coilover kit front and rear with the full K member package in the front. Car rides fine to me. There is an increase in road noise, but its nothing serious. These cars aren't Lincolns or Cadillacs and they aren't going to ride like one. I also have their full length subframe connectors, strut tower brace and a Hans Racecraft rear shock tower brace.

I would definitely do the suspension stuff first. That 4x4 look is awful. Then with some 9" or wider wheels on it will look really good.

Users who are viewing this thread