New to the Cobra, Have a few Quick Questions

New2Cobraz

Hey everyone my names Josh and i just got my cobra about 2 months ago.
I Already have the mods listen in my Sig but i was wondering what's the easiset way to get over 500rwhp? A few friends told me, get Pulley/Idler/Tune, Port the blower and get a Throttle Bodie? Here are the Question's?

1) Which Pulley and Idler Do you Reccomend? (Place i Can Purchase it Too)
2) How do i get my Blower Ported? and Is their a place near Los Angeles?
3) What Throttle Bodie do you guys Reccomend? (Place i Can Purchase it Too)

Last but not least..

4) What kind of numbers do you guys think i would be at after all these mods?

Thanks alot for all of your help in advance and if you guys could help me out i'd really apreciate it. Thanks!! :banana: :pepper:

-Josh

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
billetflow upper pully, 2.93/4lb lower, a stiegmier portjob stage3 and look for a used billetflow t/b he doesnt make new ones anymore... i have a accufab t/b and its less than perfect but makes power and throttle response is WICKED rpmoutlet is where i got mine... with the upper/lower and port you will most likely need injectors, boost-a-pump, and a MAF upgrade should be over 500/500 easy :thumbsup: with a GOOD TUNE!!!

Last edited:

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
ugotbit03 said:
billetflow upper pully, 2.93/4lb lower, a stiegmier portjob stage3 and look for a used billetflow t/b he doesnt make new ones anymore... i have a accufab t/b and its less than perfect but makes power and throttle response is WICKED rpmoutlet is where i got mine... with the upper/lower and port you will most likely need injectors, boost-a-pump, and a MAF upgrade should be over 500/500 easy :thumbsup: with a GOOD TUNE!!!

What he said. I got my TB and plenum done with the blower.

I also recommend the SCT tune.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Recommendations.

1. Billetflow for the pulley and idlers. Doug is one of our Authorized Vendors here.
2. Steigemeirer for porting your blower and throttle body. He also is one of our Authorized Vendors and the ONLY one I'd allow to work on my blower.
3. If you want a polished throttle body/plenum, wait for Billetflow to start making theirs again. Doug is getting a new machine in and is working on improvements to his already superior TB/Plenum. Contact him for more info if you're interested.

As far as pulley size, with the above and a 2.80 upper I made 504rwhp. I would more recommend a 2.93 upper and a 4 lb. lower which will get you to the '500' mark with less potential belt slippage. A lot of guys are also adding a shot of nitrous, but I'd only recommend that if you're planning on doing a fair amount of racing. Just be aware that these motors are way easy to mod and make big power. Just keep your wallet full of the green stuff. LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread