New to the Cobra World

SVTerror

New Guy on the Block
Established Member
About 2 months ago I was fortunate enough to purchased a 2003 black coupe svt cobra. Previously I owned a 1998 v6 mustang with bolt ons, so the cobra is a huge jump. It has 50k miles now (had 48k miles when purchased), and I purchased it for $19k. The only thing that was done to it was flowmaster mufflers (not sure what series). I have read up on alot about Terminators through forums, and even bought the book "Iron Fist, Lead Foot." I decided to join this forum and I am looking forward to learn as much as I can about the Terminators:rockon:.

p1000753w.jpg

p1000754f.jpg

Last edited:

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
hey, nice car, always liked black,but its hard to keep clean. enjoy. plenty to read and learn here, something new always being talked over

SciFiHiFi

Established Member
Cool! In case you haven't heard; it's generally agreed upon that the leading cause of terminator engine failure is high speed runs with no cooling mods. The leading cause of half-shaft failure is wheel hop.

Armed with that information, you're sure to have loads of fun in your new Cobra!

Check out the free and cheap mods thread: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-230/334237-list-free-cheap-mods.html

dsfelton

KB Powered!
Established Member
Very clean cobra....welcome. If your planning on modding then read up cause there a ton of great info on this site.

SVTerror

New Guy on the Block
Established Member
Thanks for the warm welcomes. I understand that heat is the main weakness for the Terminator engines. I already have the head cooling mod sitting in my room waiting to be installed. Im also aware of high speed runs in 5th and 6th gears, and the problems it could bring. But yea, the Cobra is such a fun car. Im enjoying it!

BlackBeauty44

Snake bitten
Established Member
Wise choice my friend wise choice welcome and congrats. My cobra was a step up for me too. Like one of the fellas posted before let the modding begin!!!

03Snake04

! Sonic Boom !
Established Member
Get you wallet out and credit card ready!!!

...Welcome!

x's 1,000 :rolling::rolling::rolling:

I decided to join this forum and I am looking forward to learn as much as I can about the Terminators .. you will, its all in here somewhere, svtp.com FTW

Users who are viewing this thread