New to the forum

LivingEZ

Established Member
Hello everyone, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Randy I have owned my 14 gt500 for 2 years now and am starting to get the itch to make more power. I am part of another forum and have been for a while. Looking forward to seeing the same names pop up and meeting new ones.
1000001364.jpg

LS WUT

Established Member
Welcome to SVTPerformance brother. We all have the itch for more power. There are quite a few guys on here who have either done it all, or have enough knowledge to help guide you in whatever direction you’d like.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Hello everyone, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Randy I have owned my 14 gt500 for 2 years now and am starting to get the itch to make more power. I am part of another forum and have been for a while. Looking forward to seeing the same names pop up and meeting new ones.View attachment 1835399

Welcome Randy! The sky is the limit. I have heard that a VMP 2650r is guaranteed to make 1262 whp if that is the route you want to go.

LivingEZ

Established Member
Honestly doubt this guy will be back. He's happy on the "other forum" I'm sure.
Honestly, I have poked around in here for just as long but I have found this platform a bit overwhelming and confusing. The more I explore the easier it is becoming

LivingEZ

Established Member
Welcome Randy! The sky is the limit. I have heard that a VMP 2650r is guaranteed to make 1262 whp if that is the route you want to go.
The car is all stock right now, and I like where the rods are. My goal is 750-800 rwhp on 93 maybe a booster. I don't daily the car and it's in hibernation right now. I have collected what I am going to do this year as my stage 1.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Honestly, I have poked around in here for just as long but I have found this platform a bit overwhelming and confusing. The more I explore the easier it is becoming
A number of us have spent time in the "other forum" too. Unfortunately, it's changed considerably over the past decade. Multiple and diverse opinions have been largely drowned out by a small number of dominant voices. Discussion of all GT500 versions morphed into what is predominantly an S550 fan club and echo chamber of self-adulation.

Spend some time here. Ask questions. I think you'll find knowledgeable owners willing to share a wealth of information relevant to your S197 GT500.

LivingEZ

Established Member
A number of us have spent time in the "other forum" too. Unfortunately, it's changed considerably over the past decade. Multiple and diverse opinions have been largely drowned out by a small number of dominant voices. Discussion of all GT500 versions morphed into what is predominantly an S550 fan club and echo chamber of self-adulation.

Spend some time here. Ask questions. I think you'll find knowledgeable owners willing to share a wealth of information relevant to your S197 GT500.
I get it though out with old in with the new. I like how there is a dedicated place for the s197 and its different platforms. Your right though I do find myself doing a lot of sifting on the "other forum" for relative info to the s197 platform.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Honestly, I have poked around in here for just as long but I have found this platform a bit overwhelming and confusing. The more I explore the easier it is becoming.
That's kind of where I was going. Most here are pretty good and know their stuff. Some are also just total clowns, but in a good way.
If you get bored, here's a thread about the fearless leader of that forum. The fun starts on page 4, post #68. There's also some ultra cool pictures of him. I can't find the right now.

LivingEZ

Established Member
Welcome to the SVTP site.
Have an end goal for the car & a budget, very easy to spend money. Research, buy once & done..
Yes I started a thread over in the 13-14 gt500 with my plans I don't really have a budget as I will buy things as they come along. I feel there are enough used components selling out there for half cost, low miles or brand new that I don't have to buy new everything the hard part is being patient lol, I'd like to make 750-800 wheel horse on pump 93 with a booster if needed. It isn't a daily driver.

LivingEZ

Established Member
That's kind of where I was going. Most here are pretty good and know their stuff. Some are also just total clowns, but in a good way.
If you get bored, here's a thread about the fearless leader of that forum. The fun starts on page 4, post #68. There's also some ultra cool pictures of him. I can't find the right now.
For some reason I can't access the thread it just says oops maybe because I am using my phone. To be clear I don't have problem with goose. He is a very involved moderator though

Users who are viewing this thread