New to the Mustang Community with questions!!

joey_88

Established Member
Hey everyone, I just traded my 2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4x4 for a 2011 Mustang 5.0...

This thing is a beast from the factory!!

I ordered the Magnaflow Axle-Back, Steeda CAI, and X3 tuner. I guess the mod bug bit me!

I just noticed that the car didnt come with a Strut Tower Brace. Is that an extra thing or did the dealership bone me?

I appreciate the help everyone! Pics will be posted here shortly!!

joey_88

Established Member
i guess its like a random vehicle thing...oh well i guess i cant hit a curve at 130mph...:dw:

ive been checking out posts and im assuming these 5.0's are mod friendly...theyre throwing good numbers.

shit, some cars are running sweet 1/4 mile times too....DAMN!!!

Last edited:

Graboid

Established Member
If you want one they run $100-125ish for the GT bar I think. If you plan on putting a Boss manifold on in the future you will also want the V6 bar not the GT one just FYI.

joey_88

Established Member
If you want one they run $100-125ish for the GT bar I think. If you plan on putting a Boss manifold on in the future you will also want the V6 bar not the GT one just FYI.

what kind of gains will the boss manifold have on the the gt? how much are they costing?

Jonnyslick

Established Member
what kind of gains will the boss manifold have on the the gt? how much are they costing?

youll lose a good amount of tq but gain about 10whp hp past 5k rpms,.cost around $400 and installs in about an hour at home.

joey_88

Established Member
youll lose a good amount of tq but gain about 10whp hp past 5k rpms,.cost around $400 and installs in about an hour at home.

Well i dont do them autobahn runs so they can keep that 400$ piece of plastic..maybe later for shits and giggles...

thanks for the info

pohnjarker

Established Member
i believe if you have the brembo package, it comes with the strut tower brace.

i have a base GT

the Boss intake doesnt lose that much torque in general, especially with a tune; but around 6500rpm when the HP starts to taper off, the Boss intake will keep it going strong until around 7500rpm

do a search for the Boss Intake Manifold and you'll read a lot and see dyno charts...looks damn good i think. i get mine tomorrow hopefully and will install it this weekend...stay tuned!!

Last edited:

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I know all of the Brembo optioned cars came from the factory with a strut tower brace. Was it an option for the non-Brembo cars possibly?

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I know all of the Brembo optioned cars came from the factory with a strut tower brace. Was it an option for the non-Brembo cars possibly?

As was mentioned earlier in this thread the strut tower brace came on ALL 2011 GT's that had 19" wheels from the factory! If your car had 18" wheels from the factory you don't get the brace. It doesn't have anything to do with your car being a 'Base' or 'Premium' model.

If you are interested in a strut tower brace, my friend has the one that came off of his '11 GT that he is wanting to sell. He had to remove it to put on his Boss intake.

Congrats on the car, they are a blast!! :beer:

grnenvy

Established Member
hmm

Make me an offer. I have the one that came off my car doesn't fit with the blower. It's perfect!

Hey everyone, I just traded my 2010 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4x4 for a 2011 Mustang 5.0...

This thing is a beast from the factory!!

I ordered the Magnaflow Axle-Back, Steeda CAI, and X3 tuner. I guess the mod bug bit me!

I just noticed that the car didnt come with a Strut Tower Brace. Is that an extra thing or did the dealership bone me?

I appreciate the help everyone! Pics will be posted here shortly!!

Users who are viewing this thread