New to the scene

2 cam sam

Established Member
Best mods for starters 4:30's , aftermarket shifter, clutch quadrant and adjuster ,cold air ,off road x-pipe a tune and some drag radials.
These mods turn the Mach 1's into a screamer.

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
Here are full length welded subframe connectors. It makes the car solid and with the rear strut brace 3 of the wheels will come off the ground if I jack it up a bit more. Didn't need to since I was just changing oil.

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
Best mods for starters 4:30's , aftermarket shifter, clutch quadrant and adjuster ,cold air ,off road x-pipe a tune and some drag radials.
These mods turn the Mach 1's into a screamer.

Might as well put the aluminum drive shaft in there while the old one's out. :-D

MachJoe

Established Member
The ones with Stages are for older 221-351W, check out the years when you click a select a pump. This is what I have.
Ford Mustang 4.6 High Performance Water Pump, Mid 2001 - 2004: Stewart Components, Inc.

The exhaust is Kooks 1 5/8's LT's w/3" collector (JETHOT coated), Kooks 2.5" catted X, and 2.5" Flowmaster catback with original 40 mufflers.

Thanks! I ordered the Stewart pump from Summit. I also ordered C&L intake, steeda 2 point strut brace, magnaflow cat back, eibach front/rear sways, 4.10 gears, frpp aluminum drive shaft and mishimoto racing thermostat. I'm hoping to get it all this week so I can drop my car off next Tuesday to install the clutch and then get dyno tuned. I'm hoping this will open her up a bit.

Edit: actually probably a chip first before dyno tune, gotta let the clutch and 4.10 gears break in first.

Last edited:

MachJoe

Established Member
Should feel like a new car!

I just installed the intake and it already feels completely different. I've never had such a positive response with an intake, even on my old turbo cars. I'm loving this car more and more.

nice mach, check out mach1registy.com for more info and such

I just registered lol. Loads of info there! Thanks.

MachJoe

Established Member
Just finished installing the catback and sway bars. Now with 4.10's, clutch, drive shaft, intake, the car is a new animal. Now I just need to install the water pump.

MachJoe

Established Member
How does the Stewart WP look? I bet a tune would make it feel even better.

The stewart pump looks good. Seems like its high quality. I can post a picture tomorrow. A tune is my next step, I'm just trying to break everything in, then head to the dyno for a tune (especially since my speedometer is wrong with the 4.10's in now). I've been messing around with the firewall adjuster all day today, can't seem to get it to where I like. The release is too damn high lol.

jayslx1

Established Member
Make sure you get those subframe connectors and welds painted. I have Steedas full length along with Stifflers K-member brace. Really made a difference.........

I'm still running factory exhaust (for now) and have alum driveshaft.

You can see in this picture the flimsy factory connectors:
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q565/jayslx1/SAM_0259.jpg

Here are the Steedas w/torque box plates:
http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q565/jayslx1/SAM_0287.jpg

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q565/jayslx1/SAM_0311.jpg

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q565/jayslx1/SAM_0308.jpg

Last edited:

MachJoe

Established Member
That looks really good. I've been eyeing the subframe connectors for awhile now, but I don't know how to weld, so I gotta find the time to drop it off. If possible, I'd like to paint my subframe connectors red to match the sway bars.

I got the bama tuner recently, but the car is still too slow for me lol. After I do the subframe connectors, control arms and brakes, I'll be looking to do LTs and x pipe.

Does anyone know where to get an intake spacer? I shot php an email 2 weeks ago and no reply...

jayslx1

Established Member
I know theres a guy on the mach1 registry that makes them and any thickness you want..........just can't think of his name at the minute.

Users who are viewing this thread