New to the scene

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
roy intake spacer, weld in the subframe connectors, i see you're getting the 4.10's should be good. if you want coil overs, you can get them but you dont really need them. the H&R super sport springs are good, and go with a nice shock. find some good long tubes, take your time and spend the money right with the long tubes. then depending on what you're looking for you can add 96-98 cobra intake cams, pro-charger or eaton swap from an 03-04 cobra... from there it gets a little crazy haha but with full bolt ons you should be good for mid 12's. low 12's with some drag wheels at around 110 mph. add the blower or a strong na build and run around 115-120 mph with the stock engine. dont do any pulleys, not worth the risk.

MachJoe

Established Member
roy intake spacer, weld in the subframe connectors, i see you're getting the 4.10's should be good. if you want coil overs, you can get them but you dont really need them. the H&R super sport springs are good, and go with a nice shock. find some good long tubes, take your time and spend the money right with the long tubes. then depending on what you're looking for you can add 96-98 cobra intake cams, pro-charger or eaton swap from an 03-04 cobra... from there it gets a little crazy haha but with full bolt ons you should be good for mid 12's. low 12's with some drag wheels at around 110 mph. add the blower or a strong na build and run around 115-120 mph with the stock engine. dont do any pulleys, not worth the risk.

I just put in a 1/2 inch intake spacer this weekend, removed the EGR valve and deleted the pcv valve. The car idles so much smoother. I have cobra cams sitting in the garage. Just waiting for Xmas break to put them in. Full sub frame connectors and upper/lower control arms are on there way to me now. Monday I'll be ordering Cobra R front brakes and rear brakes. She's coming along slowly lol.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're progression on mods sounds good, Joe. You're going to have a stouter Mach for sure by the end of the year. Which FLSF connectors did you get?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i know its been dropped from the convo but Id leave the aftermarket TBs alone, they cause more problems on these cars than theyre worth.

with the subframe connectors, make sure whoever installs them uses a drive on lift, NOT a four post lift!

MachJoe

Established Member
You're progression on mods sounds good, Joe. You're going to have a stouter Mach for sure by the end of the year. Which FLSF connectors did you get?

Thanks man, I'm hoping so. I ordered the steeda FLSF.

i know its been dropped from the convo but Id leave the aftermarket TBs alone, they cause more problems on these cars than theyre worth.

with the subframe connectors, make sure whoever installs them uses a drive on lift, NOT a four post lift!

Thanks for the advice! Ive read a lot of horror stories over at the Registry about TBs.

Users who are viewing this thread