New to this Ford thing, but it doesn't seem too bad. (Pics inside)

BADIC

[]D[][]V[][]D
Established Member
Well I have gone form and Evo to a Lightning and although the lightning isn't as much fun as the Evo, I still like it. The TQ is a nice change though. I just got this last Thursday. 40,000 miles and stock other than exhaust and a intake.

Question. I could get a Cog Gen II setup for $250 installed and then tuning, chip and dyno time would be another $450, Would that be worth $700 and how bad will it hurt the gas mileage if I'm not hammering down on it?

andrew.15web.jpg

andrew.rig3web.jpg

andrew.3web.jpg

andrew.10web.jpg

andrew.13web.jpg

andrew.17web.jpg

andrew.20web.jpg

andrew.rig5web.jpg

andrew.11web.jpg

andrew.12web.jpg

Last edited:

1sweetSVT

too low
Established Member
good lookin truck
just get a 6# lower and couple pulls on the dyno, its cheaper and will make more power

edit-didnt see your worried about gas mileage, pully prolly wouldnt be the way to go

Last edited:

97cobra1

Established Member
Well I have gone form and Evo to a Lightning and although the lightning isn't as much fun as the Evo YET, I still like it. The TQ is a nice change though. I just got this last Thursday. 40,000 miles and stock other than exhaust and a intake.

Fixed it for ya.

bird_jenkins8

The Demon
Established Member
2 Newbs in a row with tinted tails.......I'm jealous

Truck looks good and good looking pics......now come take pics of mine

What tails are those?

FordFanStan

Established Member
Damn those are some badass pics man. Teach me how to take those kind, at least tell me about the apature settings or how you did it lol. Truck looks great too. FFS

BADIC

[]D[][]V[][]D
Established Member

What tails are those?

They are the stock tails... I couldn't not stand the Euro look so the second day I had it I took it to a friend who mixed clear and black paint and sprays them. I was very happy with the out come for $75.00 and only took an hour.

where did you find a cog setup for under $900?

The guy I got the truck from has another lightning for sale and he would rather it be stock and said he would change mine over to the Cog kit for $250.
I can't just take the chip in that truck and put in mine and put the cog on and get away with it can I? That truck just has a Cog and an intake and exhaust.

bird_jenkins8

The Demon
Established Member
They are the stock tails... I couldn't not stand the Euro look so the second day I had it I took it to a friend who mixed clear and black paint and sprays them. I was very happy with the out come for $75.00 and only took an hour.

They look good......I can't stand the euro's either. Send me your's and I'll send you mine plus $75.00, lol......truck looks real nice

Justin

castellscl

Established Member

The guy I got the truck from has another lightning for sale and he would rather it be stock and said he would change mine over to the Cog kit for $250.
I can't just take the chip in that truck and put in mine and put the cog on and get away with it can I? That truck just has a Cog and an intake and exhaust.

Dang.....:cuss:

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
id go with a 6lber and dyno tune instead.

Depending on how much you will mod in the future, it might be best to save and do the internals first.

Also i really like those pictures. Looks like a professional took them. Nice photoshop work too.

SVT2122

Established Member

What tails are those?

I have tinted tails I could part with for cheap, PM if your interested I don't want to hijack any further.

Best color Lightning you could get, its been proven DSG is the fastest color. Awesome pictures too. :beer:

I don't think you can take the chip from his truck, unless it has the same ECU Code and has a tune for the same mods you've got witch it sounds like it will. It's possible, if anything if its unmarried you can send it out to a tuner have him make a tune for you.

I would get a 4lb pulley, if you don't womp on it you'll still get decent gas millage considering what your driving.

Users who are viewing this thread