New to this L

Lightningboy99

Established Member
Sup guys, im new to all this in fact this is my first ford but gotta love it. Anyway i got a question. I just bought my 99L and i am loving it, but what kinda mods can i add to boost me over 400hp safely. Right now she is all stock with 74,600 miles:shrug: but she runs like brand new and was well taken care of. So help me out if ya can thanx.

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
check out the FAQ section for newbies on the top section of the gen2 forums. Everything you ever need to know about starting out and making power.

Btw, Welcome to the Perpetually Broke Society! :-D In a few months, it will all make sense :lol:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
like was mentioned you just need to get a bigger lower pulley, new plugs, and a handheld programmer with custom tune on it.. and really you want to get a bigger maf too. the stock one on the 99/00's is 80mm's, after that they went to 90mm's. even on the 90mm maf, if you go larger than a #4 lower pulley (this equals 4 more lbs. of boost over stock) then you might peg it out.. and you dont want unmetered air in your L. these trucks respond very well to boost increases, but if you dont do it right you can blow your shit up.

with a #4 and no port you would probably be looking at about 390hp/490tq at the rear wheels (approx.). with a #6 you should be looking at about 400-405hp/500+tq. but you will need a custom dyno tune with the #6 where as you can get away with a canned tune on the #4

Users who are viewing this thread